Molded ATA case for Taurus 3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Charlie Labs

Molded ATA case for Taurus 3

Post by Charlie Labs » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:38 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who will need a case. Please Moog! Thanks in advance. :wink:

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:49 am

Would be good if it could be shipped in it, save on two lots of shipping plus it gets protected.

And yes i intend gigging with this so some sort of custom case is needed as it's hardly a regular shape.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

sixofthebest

Post by sixofthebest » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:34 pm

Yes, the case pleeeeease !

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:40 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:Would be good if it could be shipped in it, save on two lots of shipping ....
I was thinking the same thing - 2 shipping birds with one stone, as it were. Maybe it could have an accessory compartment built in - say just big enough for an MP-201 and a few cables. Also, I'm still hoping MOOG includes a lamp socket on the T-3s - I'm tired of changing batteries on my magnetic mini-light that I use on my Roland PK-5s.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:42 am

I'll vote for a case shipped with the T-3's... :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:51 pm

Voltor07 wrote:I'll vote for a case shipped with the T-3's... :wink:
Your wish is granted!

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:02 pm

$495 is a bit steep for a case though :cry:

timmy

Post by timmy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:22 pm

by the description, it sounds like a pretty nice, heavy duty, with casters, run-of-the-mill ATA300 road case. $495 is about average if you were to order a case for your pedals from the likes of R&R or A&S/KrizKraft. You might get a break if you were ordering multiple cases for your instruments but not for a one-off.

hell - I'm in.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:59 am

I'm definitely in! :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

sixofthebest

Post by sixofthebest » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:05 am

Can we open our credit card info. to general email ?

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:04 pm

sixofthebest wrote:Can we open our credit card info. to general email ?
i did then had second thoughts and cancelled my card just in case. i think a better system is being arranged.

As to the case, i still can't see how $495 is a good deal - i could get one a bit cheaper than that ordering a one-off myself and presumably they are making at least 1000, so bulk price must be cheaper. i don't care for castors and a fancy Moog logo.

Plus for those of use buying abroad it will add a hefty sum to the already hefty sum when the Customs man comes knocking for his slice, plus an additonal cost in P&P as it'll be heavier and it all starts looking not so good value for non-US buyers.

The 'special treat' that the initial buyers are getting would have been a discount on the case rather than my name in history. Disappointed. :cry:

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:13 pm

Whats this about history?

I probably WONT be buying a case though, just can't afford it. I don't plan on gigging with mine anyway, but I do feel a case is needed. Like I said, just cash in a life insurance policy to get cases for the Voyager, Taurus, and everything else.

There is a company on ebay though who makes "ATA" road cases for about 100 bucks for just about any synth out there. Search and youll find them. That might be a way to have your gear protected and you can keep your arms and legs.

I do hate to keep my voyager in a bag though, and I only bought that bag because I found it for like 60 bucks.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Most of those ebay case companies make poor quality cases. Latches that don't, handles that shear right off, cases just fall apart.

You get what you pay for.

I have piles of Anvil cases from my gigging days. I've tried a few others in the past and always came back to Anvil.

$495 is about the going rate for an ATA case.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm

I have an OSP mixer rack. The handles on the side I think are just for decoration because I think I would rip them right out of their 3/4th inch plywood sides. I guess thats right, but if you are like me and want a hardshell case but don't plan on it seeing the rigors of road duty then I thought that was a good value.

Maybe you are right. Thanks!

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:05 pm

Well i'm hardly a heavy gigger, and i always look after my kit. In most cases due to having to carry most of it i use soft cases and have never had a bit of kit get a scratch. i don't forsee having hairy roadies lugging my Taurus around, so ATA with casters is a bit overkill for me. Maybe there'll be some other options down the line.

Plus everyone seems to forget that $500 extra means that much extra Customs i'll be paying when it arrives, so that case might cost $700 - still good value? i mean i could get some Moogerfoogers or something sexy, you now..? :lol:

Or maybe the UK Moog distrubuter could sell them which would again cost me less (and not have to pay Customs) rather than me 'importing' it.