Moog Halloween Theremin Video Contest - Information

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
jasonmcdermott

Post by jasonmcdermott » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:33 am

First off you guys are doing some amazing jobs on these videos. I will definitely be putting a lot more work into mine next year after I've seen the responses.

Thereminraul - I commented on your YouTube page as well, but I think it is appropriate here as well. Your score for your "Pure Analog" piece is outstanding. Actually, I hope you don't care, but I used www.ListentoYouTube.com to rip the soundtrack to an mp3 file. I've actually been listening to it on repeat for like 30 minutes straight!!!!! That's how awesome it is.

Finally, WOW!

May - you are amazing!!!

I need to go practice some theremin now...

Keep an eye on Capt Rob's (CaptRobthePirate) YouTube page as well as my own (mcdermottjason) for new theremin videos and other videos from Procrastination Pictures! "So Many Ideas, So Little Time!"

CaptRob

Almost there!

Post by CaptRob » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:06 am

Excellent videos everyone! And excellent playing as well. This little contest has kept me most thoroughly amused throughout the past month. Good luck to everyone as the polling starts!

Cheers,
Rob H
8)

CaptRob

and one last thing

Post by CaptRob » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:12 am

Oh and May, that was some outstanding work. I could learn a thing or two from you. The lighting and angles were all so perfect. And what editing software do you use may I ask?
CaptRobThePirate of Procrastination Pictures(c)

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptRobthePirate

May Roosevelt

Post by May Roosevelt » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:26 am

Thank you guys so very much...
I am a graphic designer so i am a little familiar with photography and lighting and image processing programs. I edited the video in final cut pro. For the music i used garageband and logic. But the final result wouldn't be possible without the help of my best friend Alex.
thank you!

MrZarankin

Post by MrZarankin » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:51 pm

PRIVET from Russia!
Good luck to all members!
Here is my entry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDaOTeGRi0s

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Friends,
Congradulations to everyone who submitted a video, each one was great. Thanks to Moog Music for giving us the chance to submit our work for the love of Theremin and Moog. I wish each of you the best of luck in the contest and really, each one of us came out ahead because we learned a little bit more about the process of creating a film and this is a very nice contribution to the legacy of Lev Termin and his invention.

Respectfully,
Eric
Rhythmicons
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

thereminraul

Post by thereminraul » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Well, a lot of thanks to everyone for the comments of my video. Really, thanks.

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:01 pm

Yeah thats one heck of a setup for sure. Great piece. I see you gots lots of views too!

Good job

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

moogmusic
Site Admin

Post by moogmusic » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:54 pm

Great Videos! - The poll has been posted. Let the voting begin!

Merula

Post by Merula » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:55 pm

thereminraul wrote:Well, a lot of thanks to everyone for the comments of my video. Really, thanks.
Looks like you don't need any more Moog equipment, hehe! I know, it's never enough!

May Roosevelt

Post by May Roosevelt » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:19 am

I am very happy that this all happens... When i first started experimenting with this instrument i wasn't able to find many things on the internet. But know there are forums, sites, concerts, videos... All of us who participated in this contest know the magic of the theremin, feel the greatness of this invention and our mission of spreading this magic ether wave is complete.
Leon Theremin, Clara Rockmore, Bob Moog i love you and i am thankfull.

Merula

Post by Merula » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:40 pm

Is the poll actually working? I don't see the votes moving!

Gordon Charlton

Post by Gordon Charlton » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Merula wrote:Is the poll actually working? I don't see the votes moving!
I wouldn't be surprised if the poll attracts a low number of votes. There is no incentive for people to vote (e.g. entry into a lottery), it requires going through a registration process for most people, and they can influence the outcome for the other prize easily by watching their favourite vid a couple of extra times, or by blogging it or tweeting it or sharing it on a social network.

Would you bother to vote if you (1) were not going to get any personal benefit from it, (2) were not already on the moog forum and (3) knew there was an easier way to have active participation?
Check out my theremin videos on my youtube channel.

CaptRob

Post by CaptRob » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Yeah, the polls are moving rather slow. Everyone I have tried to get signed up has shown reluctance for some reason. The admins seem to be moving a little slow too though. My girlfriend signed up a little over 48 hours ago now and still hasn't gotten a confirmation from the admins. Maybe they're just inundated with requests to join the forums in order to vote hopefully? :D
CaptRobThePirate of Procrastination Pictures(c)

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptRobthePirate

Gordon Charlton

Post by Gordon Charlton » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:27 pm

Hmm. My wife is having the same experience. I'm not worried - she was rather evasive when I asked who she would vote for.

Hope it's not that moog is overwhelmed with joiners. That would be a lot of people getting a poor first impression of the company. :cry:
Check out my theremin videos on my youtube channel.