New Product from Dave Smith

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Novacz

Post by Novacz » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:47 pm

You are right kidgloves2!

On last week I bought a TETRA for me, and I have chained it to the LP!
It is a great sounding full-analog team.

I think this setup is my last in my life! :)
Ha Moog, legyen kövér... :)

MINIMOOG Voyager Electric Blue, Moog MP-201, Nord Electro 3, Nord Modular, CRUMAR MULTIMAN S

http://www.mocun.hu

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:23 pm

just ordered mine! weee!
www.ctrlshft.com

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:50 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:just ordered mine! weee!
Gar!!! I want one.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:18 pm

anoteoftruth wrote:
CTRLSHFT wrote:just ordered mine! weee!
Gar!!! I want one.
Sold my Ti Snow for it... :/

The 4-part analog multimbral is what did it for me though. That's insane! :)
www.ctrlshft.com

kidgloves2

Post by kidgloves2 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:54 am

Novacz wrote:You are right kidgloves2!

On last week I bought a TETRA for me, and I have chained it to the LP!
It is a great sounding full-analog team.

I think this setup is my last in my life! :)
The Tetra is amazing isn't it! It compliments the LP so well! What sold me was being 4 X multitimberal and having sub oscilators. I plan on using the Roland PK-5 to get some sick Moog Taurus like sounds. And even more complicated layered monophonic sound.

Congrats. DSI is cranking out some awesome gear.

eXode

Post by eXode » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:47 am

The Tetra is a great piece of equipment, the four voices are just enough for most chords (I might still get a 2nd one in the future to double up though, hehe) but esp the layered stuff is awesome. I just love the unison or stacked voices that this little thing delivers. I think like the rest of you that it's a great compliment to an existing setup (or start of a new).

I love the fact that dsi FINALLY added USB, it makes it so much easier to edit, also very nice that they stuck with actual pots for filter cutoff and resonance.

peterkadar

Post by peterkadar » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:32 am

In addition to all my awesome Moog gear, I have a Prophet '08 SE, and I must say that I'm quite in love with it. Just ordered the Pot Upgrade; highly recommended. Haven't played with the Tetra yet.

They don't sound like the Moog stuff and vice versa. It's nice that they can play together and we can have the extra colours.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:43 am

peterkadar wrote:In addition to all my awesome Moog gear, I have a Prophet '08 SE, and I must say that I'm quite in love with it. Just ordered the Pot Upgrade; highly recommended. Haven't played with the Tetra yet.

They don't sound like the Moog stuff and vice versa. It's nice that they can play together and we can have the extra colours.
+1

The Pot Edition upgrade is a very worthwhile investment IMO. Programming/tweaking with pots has always made more sense to me - with pots, one turn of the knob sweeps the entire parameter range instead of dealing with the (seemingly) endless knob-twisting with encoders. The PE upgrade makes the P08 feel like a new instrument. You'll be glad you went for it!

Two things to note about the upgrade: 1. If the serial number of your instrument is 1608 or lower, you'll have to remove two surface mount components on the Main board and replace one of them with a short piece of wire. This is not difficult, but it does require a small soldering iron tip and perhaps a magnifying lamp to do the job. 2. DSI just posted a new version of the OS (Main V2.0) that corrects the 'Pot Mode' bug in PE versions, and includes some new features for using the P08 with the Tetra. When I did the OS update on my P08, I had to re-cal the Pitch & Mod Wheels afterwords (they stopped working!), even though the update instructions didn't call for it. Fortunately, the re-cal put everything right again.

Good luck & congrats!

- Greg

D-rex

Post by D-rex » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:54 pm

I bought a Tetra about a month ago. It's amazing to say the least. The drum sounds are killer, plus it's got 4 banks of 128 programs. Combo mode is really cool too. This thing does alot for such a small box. Really good build quality too. Sounds awesome running through my MF-102 and MF-105!!!
DSI Tetra, Vestax Controller One, Rane TTM-56, MF-102, MF-105, Korg Kontrol 49