What is a Theremin and What Does It Do for You?

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
MoogMeister81

What is a Theremin and What Does It Do for You?

Post by MoogMeister81 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:45 pm

What's a "Theremin"?

What does it do for you?

Benjamin Edge
I am proud to be a Moogerfooger of the Northwest.

Don

Post by Don » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:53 pm

A theremin is an electomechanical device, about the size of a small automobile. You sit inside of it and have an interactive experience.

The fit is skin tight, and streams of water pound down on you, but you are in a sort of vinyl protective covering, so it feels like a powerful and erotic massage. This triggers the hormone DCHE which, in turn, stimulates all of your pleasure centers.

You may have read recently about a device which looks like a helmet with many electrodes attched to the head. The people wearing it were able to manipulate the cursor of a computer. (See http://www.whitaker.org/news/moran.html for dettails). Similarly, the theremin picks up tiny electrical signals from the pleasure centers and converts them to control voltages which can be used to control synthesizers.

For more information on this fantastic device, do what you should have done before asking the question: do an internet search for theremin or look in an encyclopedia.

shadowing

What it is and what it does for you.

Post by shadowing » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:27 pm

What it is: have a look on my web site at

http://www.umbraDesign.com/theremo.html

Click on the little buttons and it'll give you a brief idea, plus you can click on "Listen" and hear the instrument in action, i.e., what it can do.

What it can do for you is provide a lot of pleasure if you're willing to stick with it and get over the Sci-Fi noisemaking phase and into the really playing it phase.

I've got three of them and I've never looked back.