Which combo would you choose?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
machinea

Post by machinea » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:10 pm

you know I wasn't even impressed with the PEK at all when I first tried it. I was standing right in front of Dave Smith and he asked what I thought.. I'm like Yeah its great! (I guiltily feigned enthusiasm.. in all fairness though I had just heard the spectralis 5 minutes before) The sound didn't work for me, the synth didn't feel like a quality build. And then I fell in love with Cut Copy.. I about *ed myself when I saw them using the poly.. I had to watch the video a couple of times to make sure that is what I was hearing.

I love the way these guys use it although I still doubt I'll ever get one.. but it did make me consider the deskMono. But alas the elektron and voyager were beckoning and I still hear an eventide h8000 and monome calling out to me in me dreams.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Keep both and get some Taurus 3 pedals - give your feet something to do ;).
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:35 pm

yeah, listen to the people talking sense. If you want to upgrade and got the moolah, sell the Phatty and get a Voyager. If I had the money I would. And how could you think of letting the P08 go? IMO a Voyager and P08 is the ideal combo right now for people that want top notch mono and poly analog synths.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.

tixxican

Post by tixxican » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:49 am

Cool, I'm glad you all feel the P08 is the one to keep, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it.
I had taken advise from someone who has had both and he was adamant the Poly was superior and that I should sell my P08 for one. Obviously due to the reactions I have received here, I would be making a big mistake. So it is staying...bigly!!

So, I did receive my Voyager and I must say it is absolutely amazing. I love my LP but this thing is on a different level.
One problem though, I received it with a small chunk out of one of the wooden sides and a few other marks...gutted! Even though it was a 'b-stock' item, it was described as in new condition. They have agreed to give me my money back. I got it over £500 cheaper than a brand new one, do you think I'm doing the right thing?

anoteoftruth

Post by anoteoftruth » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:22 pm

tixxican wrote:One problem though, I received it with a small chunk out of one of the wooden sides and a few other marks...gutted! Even though it was a 'b-stock' item, it was described as in new condition. They have agreed to give me my money back. I got it over £500 cheaper than a brand new one, do you think I'm doing the right thing?
That ones up to you man... £500 is like 1k in CAD.. if I could've got a voyager for 1k less than asking price, I'd personally fix the wood issue myself as long as everything else worked correctly.. I'd say make sure everything works and then just see how you feel with it.
Moog Voyager RME / Moog LP SE 2 / Nord Rack 1 / Microkorg / Korg ER-1 / Triggerfinger / Rocktron Banshee talk box / Ableton live / Guru / Lots of non-electric musical instruments.