Beating a dead horse ?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
HB3

Post by HB3 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Right now they can sell them both as foot pedals and semi-modular gear. CP-style only swings one way. That said, I'm sure they'd sell quite a few CP-style multi-filter/sequencers....

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:19 pm

HB3 wrote:Right now they can sell them both as foot pedals and semi-modular gear. CP-style only swings one way. That said, I'm sure they'd sell quite a few CP-style multi-filter/sequencers....
And instead they'd be selling them as semi-modular gear with more modular functionality and a footprint that makes more sense for a lot of people.

You don't need footswitches to use them with a guitar. I personally abhor the idea of putting my feet anywhere near a $700 delay pedal, $450 murfilter, etc. I can't be alone in that feeling, and I'm there's a ton of people who don't necessarily fall under the catagory of "modular enthusiast" that would want these.

I bought my MF101 5 years ago to warm up my VA at the time, without having any real understanding of CV or what the true power of that pedal was. I expect regardless of the format, synthesists, guitarists, and everything in between would want a cp-style unit to play with.

Here's a thought: They could add a jack on the cp-style fooger units for a pedal switch. They could start selling Moog brand pedal switches too and make income through that!
Last edited by CTRLSHFT on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.ctrlshft.com

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:58 am

Looks like somebody has already had a similar idea:

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:51 am

Were did you find those jack plates?

Dean

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:52 am

Someone on the Analogue Heaven mailing list posted those, saying they were a custom job for a customer. I don't think he is producing them for general sale.
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:05 pm

ok those are awesome! :D

i wonder what the rest of it looks like. are the foogers racked like normal with just some cables running out from it?
www.ctrlshft.com

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:20 pm

I agree that those might be what the Dr. ordered. Not the perfect solution but a completed solution. I too would like to see the end result.

Dean

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:48 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:i wonder what the rest of it looks like. are the foogers racked like normal with just some cables running out from it?
I think it would be just cables - no different than a patch bay, except it fits in a Eurorack and has 1/8" jacks.
You'd still mount the moogerfoogers underneath it.
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:37 pm

So I looked a little further in to the madness today. When it gets down to it putting any of the foogers boards in a CP case will be difficult. maybe doable if you reorientate Not sure yet.

I did look in to relocating the jacks to the front panel (by the by- pass button) not much room. Could get it to work except for the 104 & 103. The only way we could come up with those two would be to use 1/8" jacks maybe or rca's No way I'm I using rca's so that is most likely a no go for me.

I looked in to silk screening for new panels. That was the only positive news so far. $25.00 for set up for a 2 1/2" x 4" panel. And only a buck or two for each unit. Tomorrow I hope to info on the face plate and anodizing. Hopefully also on the rerouting of the top jacks.

I can see why Moog has not even addressed this on the forums. It would require a whole new product. Two sets off parts to do the same thing. But I press on a little bit more before I say phucit.

Dean

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:27 pm

slabwax wrote:So I looked a little further in to the madness today. When it gets down to it putting any of the foogers boards in a CP case will be difficult. maybe doable if you reorientate Not sure yet.

I did look in to relocating the jacks to the front panel (by the by- pass button) not much room. Could get it to work except for the 104 & 103. The only way we could come up with those two would be to use 1/8" jacks maybe or rca's No way I'm I using rca's so that is most likely a no go for me.

I looked in to silk screening for new panels. That was the only positive news so far. $25.00 for set up for a 2 1/2" x 4" panel. And only a buck or two for each unit. Tomorrow I hope to info on the face plate and anodizing. Hopefully also on the rerouting of the top jacks.

I can see why Moog has not even addressed this on the forums. It would require a whole new product. Two sets off parts to do the same thing. But I press on a little bit more before I say phucit.

Dean
Keep us posted! :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:59 pm

slabwax wrote:So I looked a little further in to the madness today. When it gets down to it putting any of the foogers boards in a CP case will be difficult. maybe doable if you reorientate Not sure yet.

Dean
Psyched to see what you come up with!
www.ctrlshft.com

slabwax

Daily (sort of) update

Post by slabwax » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:16 pm

So I called a local powder coating shop by home today. He gave me a rough estimate of $2-3 per unit for mat black. That is including set up.

I also found out today that rewiring the board mounted jacks is no problem at all for anyone who is handy with a soldering iron. I'm waiting for estimates from metal fabricators. I should have a few quotes by the beginning of next week. THIS WILL HAPPEN one way or the other.

Until next time
Dean
Last edited by slabwax on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:56 am

Excellent news, that's a great price.

Were you thinking of making a whole new face, or just a "breakout panel" for the sockets?

Andy

Voltor07

Re: Daily (sort of) update

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:57 am

slabwax wrote:So I called a local powder coating shop by home today. He gave me a rough estimate of $2-3 per unit for mat black. That is including set up.

I use found out today that rewiring the board mounted jacks is no problem at all for anyone how is handy with a soldering iron. I'm waiting for estimates from metal fabricators. I should have a few quotes by the beginning of next week. THIS WILL HAPPEN one way or the other.

Until next time
Dean
Friggin' AWESOME! If you could offer the enclosures, or panels or whatever on E-Bay, I will totally be your #1 customer! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:04 am

latigid on wrote:Excellent news, that's a great price.

Were you thinking of making a whole new face, or just a "breakout panel" for the sockets?

Andy

It will be a 2 1/4" x 5 1/6" x 2 1/4" breakout panel. Just kind of a back cap if you will
Last edited by slabwax on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.