Pitch Wheel mechanical problem

Everything Phatty.
Novacz

Pitch Wheel mechanical problem

Post by Novacz » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:36 am

I have a BIG problem with my pitch wheel.

It wabbles very much. I disassembled it, but I can't see anything. There is no broken pieces, no screw, so there isn't any discoverable thing inside of my Phatty. Day after day it hampered, and I don't understand, why.

Have anybody similar problem.? What can I do with it?
Through it the playing went very uncomfortable, when I use the wheel. But the Modulation wheel is ok, precise and stable...

What can I do??? :?: :evil:
Ha Moog, legyen kövér... :)

MINIMOOG Voyager Electric Blue, Moog MP-201, Nord Electro 3, Nord Modular, CRUMAR MULTIMAN S

http://www.mocun.hu

dave500

Post by dave500 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:00 am

I purchased a new LHC and keybed when I had my LP updated.
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

T7

Re: Pitch Wheel mechanical problem

Post by T7 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Novacz wrote:I have a BIG problem with my pitch wheel.

It wabbles very much. I disassembled it, but I can't see anything. There is no broken pieces, no screw, so there isn't any discoverable thing inside of my Phatty. Day after day it hampered, and I don't understand, why.

Have anybody similar problem.? What can I do with it?
Through it the playing went very uncomfortable, when I use the wheel. But the Modulation wheel is ok, precise and stable...

What can I do??? :?: :evil:
The newer LP pitch and mod wheel assemblies have improved mechanics which eliminate slop issues. If I remember correctly, Moog is asking $50. for a new unit.

...Here are some quotes from Amos on the matter:

"Yes, there is a recent hardware revision, with an extra metal bracket to relieve tension on the pot shaft. I don't think it is possible to add this bracket to the original LP mod wheel assembly because the plastic frame around the wheels is modified as well. However, I will request some extra left-hand controller assemblies (this is the entire panel containing both wheels) and we can sell this assembly as a spare part. It would be easy to replace the old assembly with a new one. Contact techsupport (at) moogmusic dot com if you are interested.

Kind regards,

Amos"

"...In fact, anyone with opposable thumbs could fit a replacement LHC, as it involves only four screws and a ribbon cable and you don't even need to open the body of the synth.
Cost for a replacement LHC would be $49.

Cheers,

Amos"

Novacz

Post by Novacz » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks!

It seems like a good thing.
I will write to Amos, but I live in Hungary.
I don't know, is it possible to send it to me...

Thank you for your answer!

MINIMOOG Voyager Electric Blue, Moog MP-201, Nord Electro 3, Nord Modular, CRUMAR MULTIMAN S

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Novacz wrote:Thanks!

It seems like a good thing.
I will write to Amos, but I live in Hungary.
I don't know, is it possible to send it to me...

Thank you for your answer!
Amos can probably get in touch with a local service center for you. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Prime NL

Post by Prime NL » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Better get into contact with Rudi Linhard who is situated in Germany who is also known as RL on this forum.

Novacz

Post by Novacz » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:04 am

Thank you guys!