Taurus 1 for sale!!

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
adamsandling

Taurus 1 for sale!!

Post by adamsandling » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:54 am

Hello, I'm new here but I've perused the forum for a while now enjoying it very much. I'm offering up my Taurus 1's for sale. I just got them out of the shop at Creation Audio Labs in Nashville,Tn. as I wanted them to be looked over before I sold them. There's some minor dings and scratches and a crack in the faux wood panel on the LHS. I'm not the original owner so I don't know how that happened but it's sounds worse than what it is and could be covered up with some of the same stuff that's on it now. So they're not mint but they work, everything lights up and of course the sounds are killer! I'm asking $2850.00 (firm) which includes shipping, packing and insurance to anywhere in the contiguous U.S. I travel for a living and could bring these to your area sans $50.00 for the shipping.Please, email me for pics and I have a high spamblocker so you must ask to be added to my address book and please put "Taurus 1 for sale" in the subject.
1ars at earthlink.net

adamsandling

Post by adamsandling » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Bump, please email for pics

MC

Post by MC » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:07 pm

What is this, craigslist? This isn't a classifieds, this is a discussion forum about the new Taurus pedals.

Knock off the bumping and take your spam elsewhere.

I'm getting a little sick of the for sale postings.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:19 pm

Even though $2850 after shipping is a great deal for a set of Taurus I's, I assume the fifty extra is for shipping. The T-3's will have MIDI, patch storage, an arpeggiator, and a warranty and are only going for $1995 plus shipping and handling. Let's see...whose got the better deal going? :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

adamsandling

Post by adamsandling » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:57 am

Wow, I really did'nt think that my post would be met with such trepidation. I'm a member of another forum in which there is a "For Sale" forum on there so I felt I would be able to try to sell my item here as I've done on the other forum. There is no section for trading/selling on here so I posted where I thought was appropriate, The Taurus Forum.
Yes, $2850.00 is a good deal and no profit in it for me, heck I'm still going to lose money if this goes through Pay Pal. Just merely trying to recover some of the cost of repair and purchase of the pedals. The T3's will no doubt sound great, with midi capabilities will be what everybody has been wanting and at reasonable price. However are they only producing a limited number of units?
Buy my Taurus 1, it works, sounds fantatsic, you know what you're getting and cheaper than what most guys are selling theirs for(looking for big profits!) . Another BIG BUMP for a killer vintage piece! ;)

timmy

Post by timmy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:37 am

I personally will no longer invest in anything vintage-non-DCO less than VG condition. Absolutely nothing minted in the 70s, for sure. I spent many Saturday afternoons scouring the pawnshops/music stores around 1984 - 1992 finding all sorts of analog gems for very, very low $$$. I got my Micromoog for $50, an OB8 for $175, Yamaha CS5 for $25, a mint condition Prophet 5 v3.3 with MIDI and ATA case from original owner for $350 (this was in '92). Yes, all were working and in good to better condition. They sounded GREEAAATTTT! I no longer have any of these (except for the Micromoog) because of their costly repair if something would have broken not to mention their reliability/stability issues.

Don't get me wrong. I think old analogs are marvelous machines. I would love to own a CS80 or Chroma if I had unlimited funds to maintain one (or two, or three...) or if Yamaha or Fender would start reissuing/manufacturing versions/parts. But from now on I am investing in the new stuff. Analog synths WITH warranties! They sound GREATTTTTTT! They can do SO MUCH MORE than their ancient ancestors yet they sound the same or better in most cases! I think it's wonderful that Moog is back, Dave Smith has some nice stuff, would love to see Oberheim make a comeback, Yamaha and Korg start doing some REAL analog developments.

And I know I am not alone. I've talked to many here in Austin who are starting to feel the same way about investing in newer products. My friend John mentioned just the other day he was tired (as was his wife) of hosting a private museum of antiques that barely stayed in tune. :) My friends and I are programmers and we have a little money to burn like the rest of you. But none of us want to waste it on synths that can't leave the house, can't stay in tune like the newer gear, cost too much to maintain, and have such limited feature set to the newer analogs being produced.

Best of luck to anyone hoping to dump their antiques for big $$$. Get it now while you can.
Go analog: Moog Music, Dave Smith Instruments, Tom Oberheim
Go plastic: Roland, Yamaha, Korg

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:14 pm

Well IM not disagreeing with you, but all of the new Synths Voyager included, all of the software everything....Tries to do what the MiniMoog and Modulars do.

My Micro is remarkably stable (except in periods of high humidity like during the rain. I love it and Im glad to see that you kept yours.

And there are people out there that WILL lay down the money (like 4000+) for a set of Taurus I's or a Vintage Mini simply because nothing comapres.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

superd2112

Post by superd2112 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 pm

Just days before Moog announced the T-3s I was about to drop 3k on a set of T-1s - so glad I didn't. I love the original Taurus (I've owned T-1s and T-2s), but you can't beat a new set with a warranty, especially for a grand less than the oldies, all of which need some major t.l.c. to operate properly, and are too heavy and old to be gig-practical. I think the majority of Taurus lovers are wise to the fact that the T-3s are coming - the last few sets of T-1s that sold on the 'bay sold for around 1.8 to 2k, which is much less than they were trading for before Moog announced the T-3s. For everyone planning to unload your T-1s, imho the time is now - when used T-3s start showing up on ebay, people will have a hard time selling T-1s for more than 1.5k or so, especially if the T-3s sound as good the T-1s. Take offers of 2k while you still can...

miamigroove

Taurus for sale

Post by miamigroove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:11 am

:idea:
Last edited by miamigroove on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voltor07

Re: Taurus for sale

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:41 am

miamigroove wrote:well, in the event Moog does NOT make the Taurus III's, i'd expect the value of the original to rise considerably....
Not possible. And the only reason I say this is because they met their introductory quota for prepayments ahead of their original schedule. :wink: As it stands now, E-Bay prices have steadily been falling since the announcement of the Taurus III's. Though that could be economy related, and not Moog related. :?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.