Little Phatty - OS 2.2

Everything Phatty.
Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:49 pm

I got the update loaded using a MIDI cable, as even after TWO HOURS of fiddling, the UNO refused recognition. :x Then I did a factory restore. Then I put the ARP on under the MOOG STAGE II preset. I found that if I play with the mod wheel, the BPM goes crazy and settles on a random number higher than 120 BPM. Was something corrupted when I did the update? Everything seemed to go smoothly. :?
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

sixsinisters

Post by sixsinisters » Thu May 21, 2009 1:54 pm

hmm .. these things make me hesitate to do the firmware upgrade ..

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Thu May 21, 2009 2:09 pm

sixsinisters wrote:hmm .. these things make me hesitate to do the firmware upgrade ..
Same here.

dave500

Post by dave500 » Thu May 21, 2009 2:12 pm

I updated my TE last night and had no problems. I used m-audio uno, windows xp and midiox.
Last edited by dave500 on Wed May 27, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu May 21, 2009 3:22 pm

Voltor07 wrote:I got the update loaded using a MIDI cable, as even after TWO HOURS of fiddling, the UNO refused recognition. :x Then I did a factory restore. Then I put the ARP on under the MOOG STAGE II preset. I found that if I play with the mod wheel, the BPM goes crazy and settles on a random number higher than 120 BPM. Was something corrupted when I did the update? Everything seemed to go smoothly. :?
If you still have your wheel LEDs powered from random test points inside the unit, I can imagine that your LP might have very specific problems that nobody else will have. There should be no association between mod wheel and arpeggiator tempo.

Other folks: Looks like nobody has had any unrecoverable errors doing this update (and I do not expect for there to be any unrecoverable errors). It's probably worth trying.

Cheers,

Amos

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Thu May 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Amos wrote:Other folks: Looks like nobody has had any unrecoverable errors doing this update (and I do not expect for there to be any unrecoverable errors). It's probably worth trying.

Cheers,

Amos
I'll tackle it this weekend. Do you think it'll be necessary to retune the synth after updating or is that unrelated?

Thanks!

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu May 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Amos wrote:
If you still have your wheel LEDs powered from random test points inside the unit, I can imagine that your LP might have very specific problems that nobody else will have. There should be no association between mod wheel and arpeggiator tempo.

Other folks: Looks like nobody has had any unrecoverable errors doing this update (and I do not expect for there to be any unrecoverable errors). It's probably worth trying.

Cheers,

Amos
Either that or the fact that the trial version of Editor Librarian ended at stage 4. Could that have been an issue? I'll try reloading it after I get home from my complimentary oil change.

EDIT- Reloaded the update, gives me the same problem. Both sets of LED's for the pitch and mod wheels are powered by the TP 2 terminals...one set is wired to the left board, one set is wired to the right board. Does TP 2 control the LFO, or something else? It's not labeled as anything, so I assumed it wasn't important.

If it is, the only other work around I can see is to make a power supply that will run from the original wiring points of the LED's and boost the current from that point. Shouldn't be that difficult to do, if that is indeed the case.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Subtronik

Post by Subtronik » Thu May 21, 2009 8:54 pm

I don't know if it's just my imagination, or if I'm really hearing a negative difference here, but since I upgraded to 2.1 it sounds like there's some new unwanted distortion happening on all sounds. It's ever so slight, but I didn't notice it before. It's an oscillating clicking sound.

Also, it sounds like the volume dips slightly while oscillating on every cycle.

It just doesn't sound like the LP is as meaty as before.

Like I said, it could just be in my head. Anyone else having sound issues?

What's the process to go back to OS 2.0 if I wanted to compare the OS versions?

Edit: Ok, it's doing some weird things now. I had a latched arp sequence playing and pressed decay to edit and the sequence locked up on a single note with all the lights flashing once. It recovered after a few seconds. Also, the modulation knob doesn't always respond when trying to edit while playing, the light even gets stuck to one side.
[url=http://www.myspace.com/subtronik]My Music[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/39599873@N07/show/]Voyager Photos[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/subtronik]Voyager Videos[/url]

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri May 22, 2009 12:01 am

Cheers,

Amos[/quote]

Thanks Amos
Little Phatty Stage II, CP-251, MF-102

Novacz

Post by Novacz » Fri May 22, 2009 2:05 am

Thank you for the new editor, and new OS!

But would it be possible to publish a .syx version of the firmware?
I just rely the Sysex Librarian, because in the past it worked fine, and there wasn't problem with the refreshing process...

And because I read the previous posts... :roll:
Ha Moog, legyen kövér... :)

MINIMOOG Voyager Electric Blue, Moog MP-201, Nord Electro 3, Nord Modular, CRUMAR MULTIMAN S

http://www.mocun.hu

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri May 22, 2009 9:43 am

Novacz wrote: But would it be possible to publish a .syx version of the firmware?
You may email me for sysEx and I will gladly provide it to individuals. I am not keen to publish it on the web at this time, because (historically speaking) the problems some people have had with the sysEx were harder to solve than any problems I've seen so far with the Editor.

Cheers,

Amos

Amos

Post by Amos » Fri May 22, 2009 9:53 am

Subtronik wrote:Like I said, it could just be in my head. Anyone else having sound issues?

What's the process to go back to OS 2.0 if I wanted to compare the OS versions?

Edit: Ok, it's doing some weird things now. I had a latched arp sequence playing and pressed decay to edit and the sequence locked up on a single note with all the lights flashing once.
Hi Subtronik,

Do you have a tribute or stage LP? In either case, as far as I'm aware there should be no sonic difference between 2.0 and 2.1. The changes we made should not affect the analog audio signal path in any way. As for the arpeggiator locking up, please note that the arpeggiator is capable of running faster than the LP's processor can handle, especially if LFO is used as the clock source. When this happens, the panel will become unresponsive and in fact if you really push it you can get a KEYBOARD OVERRUN error, which just means that the LP is out of processor cycles and has to be restarted. You generally have to be trying to push it to this point. It does not hurt the instrument in any way and is easily resolved by cycling the power.

In any case, if you want to revert to OS 2.0, you can use the Editor to do this... choose OS Update and then click OS Update From File and select the OS 2.0 SysEx file. If you need the OS 2.0 SysEx file, just email me.

Kind regards,

Amos

Novacz

Post by Novacz » Fri May 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Thank you Amos!
I have sent a PM to you!

MINIMOOG Voyager Electric Blue, Moog MP-201, Nord Electro 3, Nord Modular, CRUMAR MULTIMAN S

joebuck

Post by joebuck » Fri May 22, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm on a Mac and I can't get past the part where it asks you which Phatty you have. I keep selecting the "stage" one and it's lit up blue but nothing is going on. Am I missing something?

Novacz

Post by Novacz » Sat May 23, 2009 3:34 am

Amos have sent me the normal .syx file.

I have a LP STAGE I, and I can't update with the new editor software.

But I had got a problem.

My LP wrote a message: POWER CYCLE ERROR... (or something like this, sorry I can't remember exactly) through Sysex Librarian with TC Konnekt 24.
After I have gone back to the OS2.0... This works fine with the TC.

At the end I tried to update with EDIROL UM-1 USB-MIDI Interface, and IT WORKS FINE!!!!

I think some audio interfaces cause problem, but an USB-MIDI cable serves this crack.

:idea: