MOTU Volta and moogerfoogers

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Bryan T

MOTU Volta and moogerfoogers

Post by Bryan T » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:00 pm

Anyone excited about the possibilities here? Use your LPF as an easily tunable/controllable oscillator. Add tracking to your ring mods bag of tricks. Have precise/repeatable control over the phaser's sweep. Store analog delay settings in your DAW. Store sequences for any of your CV gear. And lots more.

CTRLSHFT

Re: MOTU Volta and moogerfoogers

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Bryan T wrote:Anyone excited about the possibilities here? Use your LPF as an easily tunable/controllable oscillator. Add tracking to your ring mods bag of tricks. Have precise/repeatable control over the phaser's sweep. Store analog delay settings in your DAW. Store sequences for any of your CV gear. And lots more.
Exciting, but I was doing this years ago already w/ my Kenton CV-Midi Converter by automating CC data. :)
www.ctrlshft.com

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:09 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:
Bryan T wrote:Anyone excited about the possibilities here? Use your LPF as an easily tunable/controllable oscillator. Add tracking to your ring mods bag of tricks. Have precise/repeatable control over the phaser's sweep. Store analog delay settings in your DAW. Store sequences for any of your CV gear. And lots more.
Exciting, but I was doing this years ago already w/ my Kenton CV-Midi Converter by automating CC data. :)
One thing I skipped over: this is sample accurate if your DAW is. Lots of CV channels, too, depending on your interface.

Probably a bit pricey if you have to buy an interface, but the software is only $200.

tubeampguy

Post by tubeampguy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:58 pm

I was wondering about Volta for my Moogerfoogers:?:

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:56 pm

This is an excellent idea. I think the possiblities of this combo are incredible. I had forgotten about MOTU's Volta. I saw it a while back but then forgot about it. On of the advantages of MIDI is that you have many programs out there such Reaktor that can do a lot of things with MIDI. Turn that into a CV and you have an incredible combination. The flexiblity of CV and the programmable flexiblity of MIDI.

MichaelA

Volta supports FreqBox

Post by MichaelA » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:41 pm

The FreqBox is supported for calibration.

http://www.motu.com/products/software/volta/calib.html

None of the other MF's are mentioned. That doesn't mean they can't be controlled...
Interestingly enough the Little Phatty isn't listed.

Mic

Bryan T

Re: Volta supports FreqBox

Post by Bryan T » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:18 pm

MichaelA wrote:The FreqBox is supported for calibration.
That's pretty cool. I can imagine someone building a rudimentary monosynth with a FreqBox, a filter and a VCA controlled by Volta. Expensive and silly, but pretty cool..
Interestingly enough the Little Phatty isn't listed.
I've been puzzling over that. I think that if you turned off the auto-tune mode and shorted the keyboard gate you should be able to get it to calibrate.

Bryan