MIDI release switch changes to off when I turn MIDI interfac

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
donp

MIDI release switch changes to off when I turn MIDI interfac

Post by donp » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:32 pm

I need help!

When I turn on my MIDI interface on it switches the release button to off or a value of 0. It seems to send a signal to change CC63 (wich is the CC for the release switch) to 0, which turns the release off. Therefore I loose the decay of the note and it ends immediately after the key is released. I can re select the patch and it will work fine again.

That would be no big deal but when I start Cakewalk and record or play, when I stop Cakewalk it seems to send a CC message to set 63 to 0 again. Now that is a pain in the butt to have to keep reselecting the patch over and over to turn the release function to on.

It seems like Cakewalk sends CC 63 to stop the recording process, and the MIDI interface sends CC 63 at startup for who knows what reason.

Is there any way to stop the Voyager to stop receiving CC63?

MC

Post by MC » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:05 pm

There is an option in Cakewalk that resets controllers when a sequence is stopped. This can be disabled. I don't know the route through the menu, I don't have CW on this PC.

donp

Post by donp » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:11 pm

MC wrote:There is an option in Cakewalk that resets controllers when a sequence is stopped. This can be disabled. I don't know the route through the menu, I don't have CW on this PC.
I found it, is's called Zero controlers when play stops. It works, all I have to do is either turn the Mini Moog on after the Midi Interface is on or reset the patch once and I am done. Thanks!

I am surprised there were not any posts about this in the past, I can't be the only one who experiences this.