Speak 'n Spellbinder (no Moog)

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Bryan T

Speak 'n Spellbinder (no Moog)

Post by Bryan T » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:51 pm

My friend is getting into customizing/creating his own instruments. His Speak 'n Spellbinder is featured on Make magazines site: http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2009/0 ... strum.html

Bryan

LeRoi

Post by LeRoi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:55 pm

I LOVE IT!!!

wooperman

Post by wooperman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:20 pm

Yeah, pretty satanic. or statanic - static that is of satanic realms. I created word that with my Metallica encoder.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Bryan T, this is a fascinating thing, but you criticize my MOOG RELATED posts, but find it quite alright to post gobbledegook such as this? You aren't related to my clones, are you? I'm hearing some noise, but can't find the signal. And for once, it's not related to me. :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Voltor07 wrote:Bryan T, this is a fascinating thing, but you criticize my MOOG RELATED posts, but find it quite alright to post gobbledegook such as this? You aren't related to my clones, are you? I'm hearing some noise, but can't find the signal. And for once, it's not related to me. :wink:
Don't be a dick. We don't have an Off Topic section and I put "no moog" in the title.

BetterThanVoltor

Post by BetterThanVoltor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:33 pm

don't worry Bryan he answers to all posts with nonsense just to increase his post count. He evens replys to spam just to get post count...man i wish i could be just like him go voltie buddy :D

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:57 pm

Ok, Bryan T. You want to complain about how people post, then you don't want an ignore button. You complain about wasting bandwidth, then do so yourself. Which way do you want it? So what if I'm a dick? At least I'm not promoting circuit-bending, which is the lowest form of art imaginable, IMO. Most of it is done through trial and error, by people with no knowlege of electronics and how they work.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:46 pm

:roll:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:49 pm

Bryan T wrote::roll:
That's not even a two word post! Not even one word! Yet my contributions and comments are a waste of bandwith. :roll: If there was an ignore button, we could make everyone happy and use it on each other.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:56 pm

Or you could just make quality posts (or just not post when you don't know an answer to a question) and it wouldn't be an issue.

Suggesting that I'm one of your clones is asinine.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:00 am

Bryan T wrote: Suggesting that I'm one of your clones is asinine.
I REALLY wish you could see this whole thing from my point of view. I really do. :evil: :evil:

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:08 am

Voltor07 wrote:I REALLY wish you could see this whole thing from my point of view. I really do. :evil: :evil:
I've told your clones to take their posts off of the forum. And I've told you what I think of your useless posts. Do I really need an alter ego?

This was a great forum for sharing/learning about Moog stuff. We should try to get it back to that point.
Last edited by Bryan T on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:23 am

Bryan T wrote: I've told your clones to take their posts off of the forum. And I've told you what I think of your useless posts. Do I really need an alter ego?
Good point. Still...posting an article about circuit bent Speak'n'Spells is not being all that productive. I'll bet you'd give me hell if it was me. :wink: Sorry for making it look like I was accusing you of being BTV. That wasn't my intention. I sincerely apologize. I'm just taking so much crap from so many different people that it seems like the forum is split between those who find me helpful and/or amusing and those who find me irritating. And I'm sick of it. :evil:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:28 am

Bryan T wrote: This was a great forum for sharing/learning about Moog stuff. We should try to get it back to that point.
I agree. May this be a new starting point of productivity. Anyone notice how the FreqBox sounds like a bent audio circuit when a guitar is run through it? :D

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:32 am

Voltor07 wrote:I agree. May this be a new starting point of productivity.
Hopefully, but your clones need to get the ax.
Anyone notice how the FreqBox sounds like a bent audio circuit when a guitar is run through it? :D
LOL. I need to get a FreqBox to mess around with. Can you imagine what my friends homebrew synths and circuit-bent kids toys would sound like when run through it? Unlistenable, but in a good way.