More Foogers - I love them!!

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Lux_Seeker

More Foogers - I love them!!

Post by Lux_Seeker » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Foogers! I live them!!

I recenty bought a low pass filter but now I also have a ring modulartor and a feq box. I did not even like the freqbox at first but now I understand what hard sync is and what the outs are for this thing and I like it!

Now I can really experiment with control voltages.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:26 pm

You'll need a CP-251 next! I highly recommend it! :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:33 pm

Voltor07 wrote:You'll need a CP-251 next! I highly recommend it! :wink:
Either that or the MP-201 would be a good way to go.

tubeampguy

Post by tubeampguy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:41 pm

Bryan T wrote:
Voltor07 wrote:You'll need a CP-251 next! I highly recommend it! :wink:
Either that or the MP-201 would be a good way to go.

I have 2 CP-251 & a MP-201 you really need both because then you will have all the wave forms available to you. I now have a second Low Pass filter and having that second one has added another depth to my audio creation.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:06 am

It begins. I didn't like the Freq either when I first bought it now I love it.

Valuable resource.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

tubeampguy

Post by tubeampguy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:18 am

EricK wrote:It begins. I didn't like the Freq either when I first bought it now I love it.

Valuable resource.

Eric
I have a love/hate feeling about my Freqbox!

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:04 am

Well, I did end up getting the CP-251. I just ordered one today.

Eventually I would like to get the digital delay but by financial situation is a bit bruised already with the other foogers I bought. Anyway, its good for the economy.

I will eventually buy a modular system but I figure this is a hold over and gives me some ideas on what I can do with one. My interest in analogue gear is more from the processing side anyway. I have a Korg M3 which can provide some great audio material ready for mangling.

I may also at some point in time get a MIDI to CV box.

The reason why I was first turned off by the Freqbox is that I despise any device that tries to convert pitch to MIDI (i.e. MIDI guitar synthesizers). The only ones I do like are things like the EM POG that don't try to make a guitar into something its not but allow its natural dynamics to be used but in a new way.

But the Freqbox does something insteresting and that is hard sync. This is not, as someone pointed out to me here on this board, pitch to MIDI or any kind of conversion of a signal to pitch. It is allowing the natural dymanics of hard sync to create a waveform with a strong frequency component based on the modulating signal. I see many applications for this far beyond guitar.

I am also very impressed by the ability to modulate the shape of the waveform of the carrier oscillator. This is something you find in many of the advanced modular synthesizer modules.

Most of what I see, almost all of what I see, on demo videos of this product show people using it as little ore than a noise maker. I believe its capable of much more than that. I hope to create some sounds with it that will not be like the run of the mill applications I have seen. By using the CP-251 I want to create drones and by using envelope followers CVs, and perhaps the lag processor, and perhaps even the vactrols I ordered to control the envelopes, I hope to create complex timbres.

I want to take foogers into the realm of experimental music. I know that Moog has long been on the cutting edge of pop but now its time to take it further back to the roots of electronic music.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Lux_Seeker wrote:Most of what I see, almost all of what I see, on demo videos of this product show people using it as little ore than a noise maker. I believe its capable of much more than that. I hope to create some sounds with it that will not be like the run of the mill applications I have seen. By using the CP-251 I want to create drones and by using envelope followers CVs, and perhaps the lag processor, and perhaps even the vactrols I ordered to control the envelopes, I hope to create complex timbres.

I want to take foogers into the realm of experimental music. I know that Moog has long been on the cutting edge of pop but now its time to take it further back to the roots of electronic music.
Awesome!

Vitja

Post by Vitja » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:53 pm

Yeah! :mrgreen:
Complex timbers!
I love to do that to may guitar sound.
Last time I was playing with great free jazz band and
guys were blown away...after show they asked me:what
was that? I said: BOB MOOG!
They didnt know the name,they just said:Yeah BeBob is cool! LOL

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:10 pm

Vitja wrote:Yeah! :mrgreen:
Complex timbers!
Complex timbers:

Complex timbres:

:wink:
www.ctrlshft.com

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:22 pm

CTRLSHFT wrote:
Vitja wrote:Yeah! :mrgreen:
Complex timbers!
Complex timbers:

Complex timbres:

:wink:

Lux_Seeker

Post by Lux_Seeker » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Hmm, my post did not appear to be added here...

That a lot of wood. Wood has a really interesting tmbre especially depending on how you shape it. If it surrounds a nice hollow space great things can happen although I don't think additive synthesis would be the best of models.

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Lux_Seeker wrote:Wood has a really interesting tmbre especially depending on how you shape it. If it surrounds a nice hollow space great things can happen
I agree. Particularly what I find very interesting are the experiments with wood done by Les Paul in the 1930s and 1940s. I find the tones produced by mahogany and flame maple in particular to be very pleasing. :)
Gear: Moog LP, Gibson LP, lots of FX

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:12 am

Ahh...the timbre of timber. :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Vitja

Post by Vitja » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:02 pm

What is Vactrol?