FREE CP 251: WHEN??

Everything Phatty.
anna logic

Post by anna logic » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:57 am

I salute you all for being so understanding and even thinking up the reasonable explanations yourself, so Moog doesn't have to. in that respect I could learn a lot from some of you.

On the one hand it's admirable, but somehow i=I feel some of the comments made are a bit naive. Well, as I said before. we all have our own opinion.
Moog may be a small company but I'm sure their marketing is as good as their R&D, and so it should be. Nothing wrong with that. Moog has had good reasons for doing this CP251 giveaway thing and wasn't just pleasing customers. Anyway, I hope Moog does well in these hard times (for some) and keeps doing well.

And let's see what suggestions are picked up, and what gets here first, the postcard or the cp251's.

Gribs

Post by Gribs » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:50 pm

I was really starting to worry that I have been forgotten, but it looks like Moog is having an issue getting some of the parts for the CP-251. I am glad there is a place here to go and search for information.

Like others, I also based my Voyager purchase decision in part on the offer for the CP-251. It clinched the deal on the Mini Moog I have wanted for a few decades (plus all the extra cool stuff you get from the digital control). I have the Voyager to play with until the CP-251 arrives to go along side it, but I have been holding off on purchasing some Moogerfoogers until I play with the CP-251 for a while.

I don't recall a place on the CP-251 order/rebate form to enter an email address. Perhaps for future offers it would be a good idea for Moog to take email addresses from those willing to write them down in exchange for a promise to keep us informed concerning the status of the offer?
Dr. Gribs, Ph.D.
Electro-optical Engineer, Applied Mathematician, Computational Scientist
Acoustic and Electronic Music Hobbiest

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:28 pm

If you have registered your Moog product online, they have your email address, as thats your login name.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Gribs

Post by Gribs » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:02 pm

EricK wrote:If you have registered your Moog product online, they have your email address, as thats your login name.
Yes, I did do that. So the name, address, and serial number on the form I sent in will match the info that I entered when I registered my Voyager.

It would require an extra step of taking the info on the form and looking up the registration information to get the email address. Perhaps they do this anyway when they log the information for the CP-251.
Dr. Gribs, Ph.D.
Electro-optical Engineer, Applied Mathematician, Computational Scientist
Acoustic and Electronic Music Hobbiest

anna logic

Post by anna logic » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:06 am

has anyone here contacted moog directly to ask about their cp251?
and did you get an answer?

i sent an e-mail, a while back, but got no reply at all.

chris_busch

Post by chris_busch » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:46 pm

Digital Village in england let me know that my CP251 ordered back last december will arrive middle of march. see the original info from digital village:

"Unfortunately the latest information that we have from our supplier, is that the Moog Moogerfooger CP-251 Analog Control Processor, For Moogerfooger Pedals And Other Moog Products is due to arrive here in the middle of March".

so lets wait another week or two! ;-)

Najati

Post by Najati » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:59 am

So, uhh, mine showed up yesterday :) On my birthday, no less! Of course, I just spent ... 6? 7 hours? playing with it, the Phatty, the MP-201 and the B-MuRF. *blink* I learned quite a bit about it and the MP-201 in the process.

As thanks for getting them shipped I'm linking to the final state of what I was able to get those four things to do while learning about them. This is just the aforementioned equipment, nothing else, and just the results of educational experimentation.

I'm actually not even using the LFO on the CP, I'm using the MP to generate the waveform and just about everything else on the CP to modulate it and distribute it. I use the MP's LFO to generate the waveform to keep it synced with the MIDI clock the Phatty's arpeggiator is synced to and the waveform that's stepping the MuRF's animator. Aside from that there are a bunch of pretty wires going here, there, and everywhere and I'm pretty sure I understand what most of them are doing!

http://najati.org/toolate.mp3

Hopefully everyone else's will start showing up soon, too. Hopefully everyone has a sick day or two to spare :)

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:48 am

Cool! Happy birthday!

What I like doing with my Cp is using the LFO to articulate stuff that Ive already got patched up.

I think I had a Slow sample and hold coming from my micro, with a slow atack on the VCA. I had that audio output going to the gate input on the CP's S&H and then that going to the freqbox. So when the super slow S&H reached its peak, a fast S&H was triggered. Ill post a demo tomorrow or something in a new thread.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:51 am

Happy birthday indeed! And a very merry un-birthday to everyone else! :lol: You'll be needing all the patch cords you can find for sure! :wink:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

tr909

Post by tr909 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:18 pm

mine arrived today.

anna logic

Post by anna logic » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:43 pm

so, 2 down. how many to go?

did anyone get a postcard yet? that would be a bummer, if others get their cp251.

it'd be nice to know, if these 2 recent deliveries are the start of moog catching up quickly, or if these were incidental, cp251's lying around or anything.....

MAB2112

Post by MAB2112 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:28 pm

I received mine this past Tuesday.
Moog Voyager Select, VX-351, CP-251, MP-201, MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-107,Taurus 3, Korg M3-88, Nord Rack 2, Ensoniq SD1, Oberheim Matrix 1000, Digi002, too many soft synths

easyjoey

Post by easyjoey » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:53 pm

mine came today....

I look forward to trying it out.

Joe

pangmaster

Post by pangmaster » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:54 pm

Mine arrived yesterday! Thank you Moog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

wooperman

Post by wooperman » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:29 am

I'm curious if they give you a receipt for the shipping charge.