OLD SCHOOL DISCONTINUED!?!

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:11 pm

hehee Hey. We can all think of stuff that makes us think our gear is superior in some way to the Model D, but its not. llololol.

Thats a rationalie that will satisfy us until we get our hands on a D.
:wink:

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

lanxe

Post by lanxe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:18 pm

jon_kull wrote:
Rudelius wrote: I also have a Little Phatty Tribute, but with the same
basic sound settings, the OS sounds better I.M.O.
To be honest I think it sounds better than the 'normal' Voyager as well. I had a Performer and an RME and the OS sounds a little fuller to me. Could be my imagination though...
I have both too:

and the first time i plugged in the OS i instantly noticed a difference with a very basic patch. not to say the phatty sounds bad.....it sounds great. and its nice to have patch storage. but there is something more alive about the OS sound. i will not sell this while i am alive (when i die it will probably just be tossed in a box or sold for cheap!)

Ryan

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 pm

THat OS is beginning to really grow on me. I have a voyager and Micro on a stand like that. The Voyager Phatty seems like it would be one heck of a duo. Especially the looksof that Tribute.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

jon_kull

Post by jon_kull » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:28 pm

I had a Voyager/Phatty duo. Should have kept the Phatty it's a great sounding synth. Maybe I should get another one. ;)

Roadrunner

Post by Roadrunner » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:36 am

I've got my VOS for just a few days now. Although I now had to buy it some months earlier than I had planned to, to make sure they won't be sold out in the end, I am really happy I took the chance to buy one. As this is the first synth I ever played on, I had some doubts on spending that much money, but now I think this machine is exactly the synth I wanted to have! No menus, no displays, just knobs with a useful complexity of possibilities. And the lovely sound... :)

Roadrunner

Jrayk Roze

Post by Jrayk Roze » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:25 pm

Roadrunner wrote:I've got my VOS for just a few days now. Although I now had to buy it some months earlier than I had planned to, to make sure they won't be sold out in the end, I am really happy I took the chance to buy one. As this is the first synth I ever played on, I had some doubts on spending that much money, but now I think this machine is exactly the synth I wanted to have! No menus, no displays, just knobs with a useful complexity of possibilities. And the lovely sound... :)

Roadrunner
Yeah, I'm glad I made this synth my first Moog synth.
Voyager Old School #0005, Etherwave #18321, Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, CP-251, and a Nord Lead 2X

Christopher J. Boylan

Post by Christopher J. Boylan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:12 pm

(when i die it will probably just be tossed in a box or sold for cheap!)

Ryan
On the contrary - There's a good possibility it may retain it's full value. Look at the going price for a Model D or a Memorymoog these days.
Buy cape. Wear cape. Fly.

Analog!

Post by Analog! » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:52 pm

it will certainly never lose sex appeal
Voyager Old School

cageswood

Post by cageswood » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Christopher J. Boylan wrote:
(when i die it will probably just be tossed in a box or sold for cheap!)

Ryan
On the contrary - There's a good possibility it may retain it's full value. Look at the going price for a Model D or a Memorymoog these days.
I've got a model D,what's the going price ?

Christopher J. Boylan

Post by Christopher J. Boylan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:09 pm

3-4 Grand for one in excellent condition... and I'd want a case along with it for that much.
Buy cape. Wear cape. Fly.

MoogMusicFan81

Re: OLD SCHOOL DISCONTINUED!?!

Post by MoogMusicFan81 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:23 am

What defines "old-school Moog" for me?

For me, it's:
*Moog Modular 3C
*Moog Minimoog D
*Polymoog Keyboard (the original version -- model 203A -- that was renamed Polymoog Synthesizer in 1978)
*Multimoog
*The Apollo and Lyra prototypes built for Keith Emerson (2/3 of the unreleased Constellation ensemble)
*Taurus I (also part of the Constellation ensemble)

~Ben

Jrayk Roze

Re: OLD SCHOOL DISCONTINUED!?!

Post by Jrayk Roze » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:07 am

Why exactly was the Old School discontinued? Have we gotten any official word from Moog people on that yet?
Voyager Old School #0005, Etherwave #18321, Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai, CP-251, and a Nord Lead 2X