Original Moog concept...keyboards or no...

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:20 am

THats why I said old lightbulbs.....because it has been awhile since I read that article. I should have said streetlamps.

But...

I had to do a paper for english on the history of prosthetic devices. Towards the end of the paper I talked about the future of prosthetics.

One was called a BMI or Brain Machine Interface. This would be to put pin like transmitters in the cortex of the brain to capture and amplify neurological impulses. THese would translate and relay these to a computer which would give someone who is paralyized the abillity to move a cursor on a computer screen.

THe tests on monkeys were effective in getting them to "think" about moving their arm to move a robotic arm.

Now they are supposedly releasing some kind of video game device that is supposed to read your emotions and such....when this comes out it will be midified.

Think of the possibillities.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:46 am

Yes...wasn't there a Star Trek episode with Wire Heads who would plug these wires going into game consoles? They were ultimately addicted to the games, and there was a moral which I never paid any mind, being a gamer myself. :lol: Also, they've discovered how to make a camera that hooks into the vision center of the brain, allowing a blind person to see. The blind person has this unsightly cable going from the camera to a plug in their head, but it actually works! Lots of cool technology that, who knows? Someday we may be MIDI-fying ourselves! :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:22 am

Yep. They haven't perfected the cursor technology on the BMI but just think....if you can cove a cursor you can move a pitch.

I posted about this a long time ago.

Eric

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:20 pm

I think I vaguely remember that post. I was a lurker here, before I joined the forums. I thought it was a great idea then, and it's still a great idea. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Christopher J. Boylan

Post by Christopher J. Boylan » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:56 pm

You know, I just read this thread from the beginning to this point. I just pictured Eric sitting comfortably in a nice, soft chair in a small cozy room pondering the world of electronic music. Nice. Cozy.

So, a couple of guys come in the room an lift Eric, chair and all and place it in a BIGGER room with a lot more stuff in it. Ok. More options. Cool. But we still need a bigger room...

Anyway, by the time I got to this point, Eric was still in his chair drifting around somewhere in the Crab Nebula!

Now... WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE GO AND GET ERIC??!!!!
Buy cape. Wear cape. Fly.

Matt Friedman

Post by Matt Friedman » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:03 pm

Eric is sitting in a room different from the one you are in now...
A Perfect Vacuum: http://www.myspace.com/aperfectvacuum
The Plateau Phase: http://www.myspace.com/plateauphase

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:08 pm

I think Eric is sitting in the same universe I am, which is in a room far from yours. :lol:

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:46 am

Are you trying to say that IM not paying any attention to the other posts in this thread byut my own lolol.

Ive been sick over the weekend and at the symphony today. I had to remind myself why I can't stand broadway.

In a white room with black curtians.

Actually the last several days Ive been having whacky dreams. Really vivid. Here I was posting about lacking inspiration and then I dream in inhaling water at the bottom of a river in a cave full of Indians talking to the great spirit...then I get the flu.

Hmmmmm.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:55 am

EricK wrote:Are you trying to say that IM not paying any attention to the other posts in this thread byut my own lolol.
I dunno what other people meant, but I meant that you and I seem to think in a similar fashion, which is different from everyone else's. :wink: