Will this void my warranty?

Everything Phatty.
jamezdd73

Will this void my warranty?

Post by jamezdd73 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:28 pm

I was looking through some old threads recently, and I stumbled across one where some members had replaced the side panelling of their LP with wooden panels, professionally made. There were some pics, and I think they looked amazing!

So I'm considering getting some made for my own LP, but in doing this, does it void my warranty? Even if I kept the old panels and could replace them back onto the body if need be?

Thanks.
James
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Don't take this as an official answer, just a guess: if you can put the original sides back on, then how will they ever know you took them off in the first place? I don't think there is a sticker or a seal that will be broken by replacing the end caps.

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Sometimes if you do something that DOES viod the warranty, if the company doesn't know it youre covered. I think my cousin blew up his Freqbox and got it fixed under warranty even though he used the wrong power supply lol.

Jeez I know right?

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:24 am

soundxplorer wrote:Don't take this as an official answer, just a guess: if you can put the original sides back on, then how will they ever know you took them off in the first place? I don't think there is a sticker or a seal that will be broken by replacing the end caps.
There's not. I, too would love custom wood ends for my LP. The trick is finding a woodworker willing to take on the challenge. I'd want bird's eye maple sides, stained a transparent green like the color of the green Moog Guitar, with brass Moog logo inlaid on each side. :D My best friend could do it, but he's pretty busy these days. :roll:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:59 pm

EricK wrote:Sometimes if you do something that DOES viod the warranty, if the company doesn't know it youre covered. I think my cousin blew up his Freqbox and got it fixed under warranty even though he used the wrong power supply lol.

Jeez I know right?

Eric
:evil: :evil: I remember that one. :evil: :evil:
You know we can tell when something fails due to the wrong power supply being used. It's pretty obvious. We're just really nice about that sort of stuff because we don't like to call people back and hassle them or call them out as liars.

Please, people in general, don't put us in this moral dilemma. If you make a dumb mistake and break something, just own up to it. We'll charge you a fair and reasonable price for fixing it, and everyone's karma is better. Thanks! :)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:34 pm

I, for one, don't mind paying for repairs due to my own stupidity. As Amos can attest to. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Amos,
I can feel your glaring stare from 11 hours away.

I told my cousin you guys weren't stupid and if something is blown they will know. I even posted a post on this forum about it.
http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopi ... w+freq+box

Especially a power supply issue cause thats probably the most common repair and it clearly states in the manual not to use an alternate power supply.

But really, what can you do that voids the warranty that the company doesn't know about? Its a catch-22. If someone is intent on voiding their warranty then make them pay for it.

Sorry if my comment was inappropriate.

Amos wrote:We're just really nice about that sort of stuff because we don't like to call people back and hassle them or call them out as liars.
Thats why i respect you guys so much and was :shock: when he told me they fixed it for free.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

jamezdd73

Post by jamezdd73 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:07 am

Amos!

Seeing you're reading this thread then I can hear it straight from the (is it horse's?) mouth. Will this void my warranty???
Little Phatty Stage II #3602, MoogerFooger CP-251 #1785
MF-103 12 Stage Phaser #6093, MF-104m Analog Delay #0301
--
My band: www.facebook.com/InstantMorning