It's a great guitar

The Moog Guitar is here. The revolution starts now!
Stuartpa

It's a great guitar

Post by Stuartpa » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:51 pm

I got mine from Sweetwater in December and even thought it came with heavy gauge strings it is fantastic to play. That's as a straight guitar. I got some sets of Moog Lights and Moog Mediums and I love it with the Medium setup.

Some of you folks out there must have got the guitar by now, I am not exactly famous brilliant Etc, just wanted a great system when I heard about it.

To get the best out of what this guitar can do I guess I am going to have to learn a lot of new tricks, because this thing is wide open right now.

I really have not heard anything yet that is a complete piece that could only be done with the Moog Guitar or is it a Vo Guitar.
Either way so far I have not seen a lot of positive stuff about this guitar so I felt I should add some. This guitar really does change things, and that guy in the other part of this forum who is advertising everything but the Moog, should really be thinking along the lines of how is the Moog going to change guitar music because it sure is going to. This is release 1 I sure hope they are upgradeable because I can't keep on getting new guitars.
it
IF you have it on order it won't be long, I am sue and for those of us lucky enough to have got one. Let's hear about. It is sure going to be a new learning curve after 40 years on a standard guitar, as someone mentioned in an interview, a lot of old habits are going to have to change.
Stu

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Congrats!

Can I come over and play?

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:21 am

That's exciting. Some day I will own one...probably not anytime soon, but some day. What color/wood did you get?

Stuartpa

Moog Guitar

Post by Stuartpa » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:37 pm

I got the Blue one, I would have preferred the Aqua probably, but I had the chance to get a Blue one as that is what came in, and I had aske Sweetwater to call me whatever came in to call me and let me know so I could decide if I wanted whatever they had managed to get for me or not.

As I had waited so long, I just had to go with what was available so I took the Blue or as the ycall it the navy Mist Quilt top, the wood type I am not too sure of. Beautiful guitar really, no BS.

I needed to set it up a bit better for my playing and though mine came with heavy gauge strings and they played magnificently, I still prefer the mediums. Mind you the 6th String medium, is still the same gauge as the heavy gauge set. All the rest are slightly thinner but it is mainly the top end that is thinner noticeable, like .11 and so on, apparently according to the instruction book, you can use any all steel set on the top 3 strings, but they prefer you to use their strings on the bottom 3. One these strings that are on it now are dead, I am going to try and put a set of the strings I normally play on Thomastik Infeld Power Brights. They are a fantastic string and they are especially constructed to give out more punch than most other strings.
Whatever you do, when you get yours, don't use any Nickel or Phosphor and for sure don't use the Thomastik Sliders as they have a Silk core to them. Nice strings but in my experience they really don't last long where the Power Brights seem to last forever.

I must admit that I am surprised that more people have not got their Moogs yet, I got number 80, so I thought they were running them off at last. I ordered mine almost as soon as they were announced and had to wait at least 3 months, to the point where I was wondering if the ywere even going to manufacture them at all. Then I heard from a little Birdie, that a couple of people up there had got their Mooogs so I just kept on waiting and took what I could when it came up.
I know that they had some issues with guitar making as they made electronic gear and had not realized that in some cases getting the woods they wanted could be more difficult depending on available supplies.
That held them up a little bit so I am told. Have faith you will be getting one and you are going to love it. :wink: