Tell us about your rig

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:53 am

jamezdd73 wrote: Well, if I didn't have a bed... I'd have plenty of room, but it just gets in the way!
Yep yep. I wish I lived in Japan. They sleep on the floor. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:43 pm

I didn't have a bed for like 5 years but I had some drums.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Matt Friedman

Post by Matt Friedman » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:46 pm

EricK wrote:I didn't have a bed for like 5 years but I had some drums.
I sleep in my living room because the bedroom is an ideal studio space.
A Perfect Vacuum: http://www.myspace.com/aperfectvacuum
The Plateau Phase: http://www.myspace.com/plateauphase

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:46 pm

EricK wrote:I didn't have a bed for like 5 years but I had some drums.
I don't wanna sleep. I wanna bang on de drum all day. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Christopher J. Boylan

Post by Christopher J. Boylan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:16 pm

I got a great deal on the Nord, and so it replaces my old Memorymoog in my rig. I also switched from a U formation to an L, which I hate, not wishing to stack more than 2 for playability and visual factors, but confess that it is easier on space. One of the main uses of the Wavestation is for my Mellotron sounds from my Emu Vintage Keys in my rack.

Buy cape. Wear cape. Fly.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Heres my rig. Don't pay any attention to that guy in the center, he's just my keyboard tech. He needs to get back to work and stop playing around on my stuff. Worthless....can't find any good help these days.

:evil:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:17 pm

EricK, that's Herbie Hancock. :lol: Pretty funny, trying to pull the wool over our eyes. :roll: Next time, Photoshop out the caption on the bottom right hand corner. :wink:

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:23 pm

:) And since it's from the late 70's :). Bought that album when it came out. Fun photo for sure though.

Christopher J. Boylan

Post by Christopher J. Boylan » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:46 pm

LMAO!!!

... but a VERY cool pic. I had the two in front some time back - a Polymoog and a Yamaha CP-30. Man, that CP-30 had the fastest keyboard of it's time. weighted hammer action, but a short travel.... extremely fast. Virtually indestructible. Very cool keyboard. Heavy, but cool.
Buy cape. Wear cape. Fly.

Brian G

Post by Brian G » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:11 pm

One reason I bought the LP the cool photo on the back :)

I own one of the synths in the photo :) The MiniMoog. I’ve played the PolyMoog, Rhodes and Clavinet :). On the CD release, do they have the photo that was the album sleeve that has Herbie in front of a MiniMoog and the Sennheiser Vocoder in the back (all the vocals where done with it) then on the other side a diagram of what keyboards are what. What’s funny there are a few errors :) They are calling the Oberheim an OB1 and it’s really a Eight Voice…What they are calling the Sequential Prophet looks a lot like an Emu :). The Yamaha Poly synth looks like it’s a CS50. Fun stuff.
I’ll have to throw it on the turntable this week and take a listen, it’s been years since I’ve played it.
I passed on a CS 50 several years ago, I forget now but it had a few problems that would have been expensive to fix so I passed. :) I also came across a CP30 last year but not golly gee whiz enough to pick up even at the price they wanted. Had fun playing with it though for about 20 minutes :) .

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:53 pm

Voltor,
I photoshoped that IN.

And...the sleeve on the inside tells what All the synths are.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:39 am

EricK wrote:Voltor,
I photoshoped that IN.

And...the sleeve on the inside tells what All the synths are.
LMAO! :lol:

otto

Post by otto » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:12 am

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:26 am

Prety powerful lookin!

Eric

RichardK

Post by RichardK » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Can't remember if I answered this when I first joined, but it's all changed now anyway!

Main controller is a Korg Trinity Pro X that's been gigged and looks like it (was on UK show TOTP apparently!), on one of those Quiklok stands with computer table above and below and speakers either side. Quiklok got rubbish since they moved production to China, and they're still expensive.

On the shelf above the Trinity is my little MacBook Pro, all dented from being around the world, a Mackie Onyx Satellite, a Steinberg CC121 Cubase controller, and the monitors are cheapo Carillon AMT-8s (Alesis clones). And some horrifying 1970s cans because I can't afford the AKG or Sennheisers I want.

Anyway, to the right of that is my little outboard rack with:

Yamaha MG206c mixer (might upgrade to Allen & Heath Zed 24)
Digitech GSP 2120 VGS Artist guitar effects/pre-amp/gratuitous thing with a valve in
t.c. electronic FireworX (mad effects unit)
Antares AVP-1 (simplified pitch-correction and mic-modeler with compression)
Behringer Tube Composer ("valve" compressor. I think they're just for show).
Inevitable PX2000 patchbay

To the left is a largely empty rack unit of the same type, plus a little 10U desktop rack stand in which lives:

Roland V-Synth XT (amazing bit of kit, very fun)
Moog VX and CP in a rack
Roland XV3080 (sort of inevitable)
Unitor8 Mk II MIDI interface

Then beside that is a stand with the Moog Voyager and Access Virus Indigo 2.

Elsewhere there can be found a melodica, three stylophones, a Nintendo DS with Korg DS10 in it, Kramer Focus 6000 and Godin Freeway EMG guitars, Squier and Stagg basses (five string and fretless respectively), two violins (electric and normal), electric cello.

Waiting to be done is a deal to swap my Jen SX1000 for a Novation X-Station for living-room noodling, and also living outside the studio are an Ashdown Radiator amp and Lamaq acoustic guitar with a few unexciting cheap pedals.

And that's about it. Beforehand it would have taken pages to list my gear. I'm finding working with Cubase and the CC121 a lot, lot easier though, and just need to figure out how to send controllers to the FireworX.
Some things hurt more than cars & girls
Sound: Voyager PE, VX-351, CP-251; AIRA, MiniNova, Karma, Reason, Maschine, OP-1
Control: Zaquencer, Reason, Panorama P4