Really daft question but... CP/VX woods...

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
RichardK

Really daft question but... CP/VX woods...

Post by RichardK » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:37 pm

I have a mahogany/fire MMV, and I got my first expander...

The wood is the standard one - Ash? It doesn't match.

If I had one of the more dramatic - electric blue or the pale finished - MMVs, I think I'd wanted a matched wood "connector" between the VX and CP modules, which makes me wonder if Moog have offered or would offer matched bits of wood?

I have no idea what it would cost for a Mahogany "bit of wood that goes between the VX and CP when they're in the rack", but I'd pay a few dollars to have one that matched. If I were in the states I'm sure I could find someone who would make it, but it's a bit trickier getting these things done in the UK.
Some things hurt more than cars & girls
Sound: Voyager PE, VX-351, CP-251; AIRA, MiniNova, Karma, Reason, Maschine, OP-1
Control: Zaquencer, Reason, Panorama P4

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:08 pm

That connector is the VX-RK-MC Middle COnnector and normally cost 18 dollars, but mine came free with the rack shelf.

I thought it would be nice to have a cheek piece trade in program where we send in all our cheeks and they give us all matching cheeks.

Having them in different woods would be nice too, but I think it would be even better if we didn't have to remove the cheeks at all.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:18 pm

i have a acer/mapple voyager , how can i get the correct wood/ matching in colour be, when buying one or two of the expanders. ??
is it just a question of luck?? is there a mark on the site of the box somewhere??
and what are the choices anyway?
anybody shedding any light over this , not irrelevant, subject will be gladly wellcomed .

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:47 pm

I think its random. You get light cheeks and darker ones. I don't think theres any options on the table right now to match.

Eric

c7sus

Post by c7sus » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:52 pm

I like this thread.

Over in the guitar forum there are guys moaning about the source of the wood, never minding about the environmental impact of simply generating the power to make the post.

But the true believers in this forum just want everything to match, so cut baby cut!!!

If I had a shaper I'd crank out a few of these just to see what happened next.

Sidenote---- a few years ago I worked with a guy that did the finish carpentry in Paul Allen's palatial pad. Allen's fleet of nimrods was rejecting piece after piece of a certain species of Hawaiian Koa. They called the distributor over in HI to order more.

The guy told them "Look, the stuff you have isn't rare or endangered, it's EXTINCT and you guys have all there is left in the world of it. Make it work."

They never called back.

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Maybe we can get Moog to make a baby seal to CV converter.

:lol:

Club baby Club!

lol
Eric

magnet

Post by magnet » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:48 pm

I have a bunch of Bald Eagles over here. What do you think about
Eagle feather dust covers ?
Voyager PE/ Frostwave Fatcontroller Seq./ Korg Dw-8000/Little Phatty Tribute #188/Korg EX-8000/KP3-Kaoss Pad/ EH Deluxe Memory Man delay effect/Peavy KB-100 amp

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:20 pm

I think ill stop here before I offend every single person on the forum with a single joke.

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:41 pm

come on try me , send a PM

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:28 pm

magnet wrote:I have a bunch of Bald Eagles over here. What do you think about
Eagle feather dust covers ?
I prefer chimpanzee hide for my dust covers. How about an elephant ivory knob inset option? :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.