Vesta Kozo DIG-420 "Sampling Delay" - CV...

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
RichardK

Vesta Kozo DIG-420 "Sampling Delay" - CV...

Post by RichardK » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:01 am

In my pile of "bits I rarely use" I have a Vesta Kozo DIG-420. It's a sampling delay unit, 1U rack, with CV/Gate inputs and a 1 second, 7.5KHz sample rate.

Has anyone messed with one of these (or even heard of one) before? I'm wondering if I can use it to do anything creative with the Moog; perhaps using the sample as a source for something and triggering it with the LFO...

Really want a CP-251 to get my setup close to complete (and trying to pick MFs; I think the RingMod, 12-stage Phaser and MuRF would be the most useful to me with a Voyager/VX/CP setup).
Some things hurt more than cars & girls
Sound: Voyager PE, VX-351, CP-251; AIRA, MiniNova, Karma, Reason, Maschine, OP-1
Control: Zaquencer, Reason, Panorama P4

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Never heard of the thing. Sounds cool! If I had one, I'd run my LP through it just to see how well it works. I'll run my LP through ANYTHING to see what sounds come out. Experimentation is all kinds of fun! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

RichardK

Post by RichardK » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:34 pm

I'd like to hook up the square wave/LFO to the gate input, then sample the output, and then trigger it back through the audio in. I'm not sure what good it would do though. I'm trying to reduce the amount of clutter and kit in my studio in favour of "stuff I know works well".
Some things hurt more than cars & girls
Sound: Voyager PE, VX-351, CP-251; AIRA, MiniNova, Karma, Reason, Maschine, OP-1
Control: Zaquencer, Reason, Panorama P4

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:52 am

My advice is to try it, and if you like the effect, keep the thing around. If not, sell it! I keep all my musical gear, myself, or I trade it in for other stuff at Music-Go-Round. I love Music-Go-Round, as they always have what I'm looking for at reasonable prices.

Their trade in rates aren't all that impressive, but I traded in my $120 Alesis Sumo 15 for a Peavey KB/A 60 with casters and paid $59. I STILL came out money ahead, as the equivalent of the KB/A 60 retails new for $300. :mrgreen:

Of course, they're only in America. :roll:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.