Top 5 New MoogerFoogers

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Lengai

Top 5 New MoogerFoogers

Post by Lengai » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:53 pm

Hello to all in Moogland. Its been a popular topic of discussion so I wanted to post a question exclusively asking, "What are the top 5 new MoogerFoogers you think are needed for the Voyager (and why if you'd like)?"

I'm interested in everyone's opinion as well as what the more experienced synthesists know is needed to fill in the gaps. Thanks a lot for your input, I'm sure this will be informative for all of us.
Gear List: Voyager AE with VX-351, CP-251, MF-101 through MF-105; TR-808, TR-606 and SH-32; Matrix 6R; Prophet 600; Triton, ER-1, ES-1, EA-1, and Wavestation A/D; Virus Rack; TurboPhatt; DM-Pro; PolyEvolver; Micro Q; Nord Lead

LWG

Topic Subject

Post by LWG » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:23 am

Hello,

At the moment, I don't have any of the Mooger effects. I use the Voyager with the VX-351 & CP-251.
All of the moogers add something when used creatively, yet I'm not too sure the Voyager "needs" any outboard gear, other than some reverb, on certain sounds. There are a few of the effects I find interesting though:

a) Delay - Non-issue now. no longer made.

b) Ring Mod - I wouldn't have minded seeing one of these on the Voyager.
Can do AM also, if coupling mode made selectable.

c) Phase Shifter - This is an excellent all-purpose tone shaper and is
particularly good at adding variety to the tonal palette of synths that
have lowpass-only filtering. Also provides nice coloration on electro-
mechanical boards.

d) MURF- Sounds interesting. The dynamic effect sounds like
wavesequencing from the Wavestation and formant sequencing from
Yamaha's FS1R module.

Would like to see more things in the rack-mount format like the VX-351
and the CP-251. All of the stomp boxes are quality units, but the packaging
seems to be a bit more geared to the guitarist.

regards,

LWG

Jebus0000

Post by Jebus0000 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:43 am

Did you mean future releases?

I use my mooger on my guitar but here's what I think

1. CP-351 - A digital, programmable, MIDI syncable controller for the moogers. Something you can plug all of the mooger''s CV inputs into and call up presets and sync the LFOs to a MIDI clock.

2. MF-106 - Square wave Fuzz and Octave divider.

3. EP-2 Decent quality expression pedal to replace the piece of bleep they currently offer.

4. MF-101 LT - A limited edition filter that would include extras like high pass and band pass settings. Reverse envelope...can't think of anything else.

that's it

s16016wb

Post by s16016wb » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:15 pm

LWG mentioned that the packaging of the MF's is geared more towards a guitarist (stompbox format) and I aggree.

I really wish there was a way to get the MF's in the same type of enclosure as the 251 and the 351. I know there is a kit to rack three MF's, but it wastes a lot of space for the footswitch. Also it is not terribly convenient to have all the jacks on the back like that. I think the design of the 251/351 is perfect.

As far as additional modules for the Voyager?

1. A box with 4 more oscillators, but with individual outputs for tri, saw, and square/pulse waves rather than a sweepable waveshape. Each VCO should have a freq input and a PW input and should have a .1 to 20k range.

2. A box with 2 ADSR's and 2 AR envelopes with trigger inputs and reversable polarity.

3. A box with 2 lfo's that output either sawtooth with sweepable up ramp to triangle to downramp or pulse sweepable pulse width. Couple these with a pair of voltage quantizers with outputs of n/24, n/12, n/6, n/3, and variable.

4. A pair of multimode filters.

5. A small mixer with VC volume and pan.

6. THE RESONANT STRING FILTER!!!!

Don

Post by Don » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:40 pm

1. The TC-1: A thought controller that will make the audience in the bar think you sound better than Van Halen before the 4th set.

2. The TC-2: A thought controller that would make talented people want to experience the pleasure of performing live rather than sitting in the garage or bedroom playing into digital recorders and telling seven people who great your stuff is.

3. The MA-1: A box that increases music appreciation so that people will start to enjoy--or at least appreciate as being quality--all forms of music rather than insisting that certain styles are necessarily junk--with the exception of anything by John Tesh or Kenny G.

4. The TVK-1: A box that shoots out an electromagnetic pulse, instantly putting all televisions and internet connections out of order for a period of three hours, forcing people to either play some music or read a book.

5. The BMC-1: A box that will clone Bob Moog so they can create twice as many technologically superior devices that are notable for their musicalness, but in the sounds they produce and the way they are played.

Lengai

Post by Lengai » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:20 am

Thanks to everyone who has submitted a list so far, I appreciate the input and creative thinking. Just to clarify things, I did mean future MoogerFoogers that need to be developed for the Voyager.

I do agree about making the MoogerFoogers the size and style of the CP-251 and VX-351. I have to keep the manuals out so I know what jack I'm hooking into. Don, your post is hilarious.

Please keep the ideas coming.

godzilla

Post by godzilla » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:56 am

1. A box with 4 more oscillators, but with individual outputs for tri, saw, and square/pulse waves rather than a sweepable waveshape. Each VCO should have a freq input and a PW input and should have a .1 to 20k range.

(could not quote for some reason but s16016wb said the above)

instead of having the individual outs for square, tri etc
you could have three outputs for each vco with three sweapable waveshape nobs and an cv input for each waveshape nob as well
so you would assign a waveshape to each out and you could sequence it's changes

they should release a box with two lfos capable of going as slow as the roland jupiter 4 (and that's ssssslllllllllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwww i can tell you)
and capable of turning into an audio vco as well
with lots of ins and outs to really use it
it could have a 2 huge dials in the middle for controlling the speeds and 2 mode/transpose swicth that would change it's range
they could give each multirange oscillator the sweapable waveshapes and incorperate a ring mod and syncing feature and fm
so you'd end up with the widest ranging oscillators ever built that you can do anything to/with. it could make so many sounds just on it's own let alone stacking more than one
they should make a line of these ultra controllable doubles making
dual multirange oscillators, dual multimode filters (that you can put in series or paralell), ridiculous dual envelopes (with revease polarity and everything), a half reverb half delay model and a double vca with two four band parametric eqs

that could build the modular ever

little doodler

Post by little doodler » Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:34 pm

Lengai wrote:Thanks to everyone who has submitted a list so far, I appreciate the input and creative thinking. Just to clarify things, I did mean future MoogerFoogers that need to be developed for the Voyager.

I do agree about making the MoogerFoogers the size and style of the CP-251 and VX-351. I have to keep the manuals out so I know what jack I'm hooking into. Don, your post is hilarious.

Please keep the ideas coming.
I don't think they are gonna develop any Moogerfoogers for the Voyager because i don't think it needs any Moogerfoogers.