Tribute Upgrade

Everything Phatty.
Xenollop

Post by Xenollop » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:43 pm

$75 sounds good too me, although I am going to hang around and see what the board replacement would run. There's no point to spend the money to ship it down from NJ if I'd have to spend that money again, plus risk having stuff knocked around.
exciting!
Little Phatty Tribute #525, MF-102, MF-105, APC40, LPD8, Ibanez SR3000E Bass

Assar

Post by Assar » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:16 pm

Amos wrote: We are offering a special factory upgrade deal; if you can send your LPTE to the Moog factory, we will not only upgrade the memory and install OS 2.00, we will also replace the CV sample-and-hold chips in your LP which are the source of the "high frequency intermodulation" noise that some folks have reported in the LP TE noise thread. This results in a cleaner and clearer sound and better signal-to-noise ratio. We'll do all these upgrades, as well as fully test, calibrate and tune your LP Tribute Edition, for the genuinely-low price of $75 USD.

If you are outside the USA, we can make the chips available at an extremely low price, and work with you to find a qualified technician in your region who can do the upgrades.
Amos, this is very good news!

I am intrested in the offer and will contact my retailer first thing in the morning - refering to your post - to see if they can fix this.
If so, who should they contact? You?
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:26 pm

Does this upgrade include the USB & everything that a Stage II has as well? I mean, what if anything is missing as compared to a Stage II?
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:26 pm

Assar: Yes, you can refer any tech to me (my name at moogmusic.com) for more info, and I can explain the upgrade process to them (only in English, unfortunately).

-Amos
Last edited by Amos on Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djghostdogg

USB

Post by djghostdogg » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:27 pm

USB will be missing. unless i misunderstand.
LP TE - MF-101 - MF-102 - MF-104z - MF-103 - CP-251

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:29 pm

DeFrag wrote:Does this upgrade include the USB & everything that a Stage II has as well? I mean, what if anything is missing as compared to a Stage II?
No, the USB hardware is not included. We would need to make a new custom wood side panel and new metalwork in order to add USB to the Tribute Edition.

So, a Tribute Edition which has the factory upgrades and new OS will have absolutely everything a Stage II has except for USB and a Mod2 destination. The firmware functions will be the same.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:34 pm

dlearyus wrote:i was being friendly/funny/we love ya voltor...you bring a nice refreshing enthusiasm to the forum

cheers m8 ;)

i WAS serious about the resume tho....every company needs energy like that ;)
I feel needed...thank you! As much as I would LOVE to work for Moog, I'm afraid that electronics are merely a hobby for me as I don't have the skill nor credentials to work for them. Unless they want to start an employee health clinic and need a nurse. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:40 pm

Xenollop wrote:$75 sounds good too me, although I am going to hang around and see what the board replacement would run. ...plus risk having stuff knocked around.
exciting!
I wouldn't worry about that...my LP was in the standard road case offered on the Moog Music website and UPS managed to get it back to me fully funcional with the front panel about to fall off! Lucky for Amos, everything was 100%. Otherwise, it would have had to go BACK to Asheville...etc etc. :lol:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

denoiser

Post by denoiser » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:19 pm

Very good news! And a very good deal :) Thanks Moog team!

But I have a little question: the 75$ upgrade does imply there will be no EGR noise? If not I think I'll wait for a whole stage II board with blue leds, in case it will exist some day.

Still thinking what to do... :roll:

Anyway, thanks for taking care of us, Amos!

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:41 pm

dagargo: The EGR noise is its own animal. There will be an EGR "Auto" mode which should be a more effective work-around so that you don't hear this EGR noise. You will be able to try this new Auto mode yourself, even on a non-upgraded LPTE, as soon as the OS v1.04 for Tribute is released. This version will be the same as the current v1.03c with the addition of the EGR Auto mode.

I'll post a link to the forum as soon as this version is released (next week, I hope).

dave500

RGA

Post by dave500 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:54 pm

Do we need a RGA to send the LPTE back for the 2.0 upgrade. Can the Pitch and Mod control be upgraded to the new style, if so can we get them with the blue back light?
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:45 pm

this is a good news Amos !

but i've sent you 2 messages via your e-mail adress @ moog
ans i've no reply at all... is your spam control really set strong ?

Amos

Re: RGA

Post by Amos » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:17 pm

dave500 wrote:Do we need a RGA to send the LPTE back for the 2.0 upgrade. Can the Pitch and Mod control be upgraded to the new style, if so can we get them with the blue back light?
Yes, yes, and Yes. :cool: just e-mail me for more info, if you'd like to set it up.

haiku-ish: sorry I missed your mail; I have replied now.
The spam filtering is strong, but the Russian spam is stronger...

djthomaswhite

Post by djthomaswhite » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:20 pm

I'd love to be able to save the EGR mode per patch, or to have it "stick" as off unless I want it on. I have to go and turn it off every time I start my synth up now.

Great work Moog and Amos on this upgrade! I knew you'd come through for us out here!

Thomas

LPTE #661 (5 less than the devil)

tore

Post by tore » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:58 am

Assar wrote:
Amos wrote: We are offering a special factory upgrade deal; if you can send your LPTE to the Moog factory, we will not only upgrade the memory and install OS 2.00, we will also replace the CV sample-and-hold chips in your LP which are the source of the "high frequency intermodulation" noise that some folks have reported in the LP TE noise thread. This results in a cleaner and clearer sound and better signal-to-noise ratio. We'll do all these upgrades, as well as fully test, calibrate and tune your LP Tribute Edition, for the genuinely-low price of $75 USD.

If you are outside the USA, we can make the chips available at an extremely low price, and work with you to find a qualified technician in your region who can do the upgrades.
Amos, this is very good news!

I am intrested in the offer and will contact my retailer first thing in the morning - refering to your post - to see if they can fix this.
If so, who should they contact? You?
Great! is Prolyd in Norway aware of this? And can they do this for me? Thanks
Moog Taurus 3
MF-101, MF-102, MF-103(BigBriar), MF-104SD, MF-105M, MF-107, 2x MF CP-251(one with red rings). Minifooger Drive, Minifooger Boost.
Gibson RD artist Bass ( Moog circut and pickups)
(x-owner LP TE #1110)(X-owner MF-105B)