Analogue sequencers

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
MichaelPeterTrowbridge

Post by MichaelPeterTrowbridge » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:52 pm

till wrote:Use a resistor to do so.
I was able to guess that (once have built a tremolo with a friend or to be honest he built it and I supplied the coffee;-)), but where to place it on the board?

Suburban Bather

Post by Suburban Bather » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:12 pm

MichaelPeterTrowbridge wrote:
I was able to guess that (once have built a tremolo with a friend or to be honest he built it and I supplied the coffee;-)), but where to place it on the board?
Have you tried asking on the curious inventor forums? I'm interested in this sequencer for controlling filter sweeps and lfo speeds on my .Com modular and I believe .Com uses the same voltage settings as Moog.

MichaelPeterTrowbridge

Post by MichaelPeterTrowbridge » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:15 am

Suburban Bather wrote:
MichaelPeterTrowbridge wrote:
Have you tried asking on the curious inventor forums? I'm interested in this sequencer for controlling filter sweeps and lfo speeds on my .Com modular and I believe .Com uses the same voltage settings as Moog.
I am working on the musicfromouterspace sequencer...
Have done the following:

- Bought all components
- Bought 2 acryl plates
- Drilled all wholes into them
- Fixed the components to the plates
- Done about 80% of the soldering that does not touch the PC BRD

Going to do next week (if i find time):
- Solve the tension problem
- Soldering of all resistors, capacitors etc. (population on boards)
- Run a first test...

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:42 am

I wonder how much it would cost for all of that material for the MFOS Sequencer. I don't have the slightest clue as to how to construct it but I wonder if it would be very expensive to get all the parts and have someone build it for me.

Respectfully,
Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MichaelPeterTrowbridge

Post by MichaelPeterTrowbridge » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:55 pm

EricK wrote:I wonder how much it would cost for all of that material for the MFOS Sequencer. I don't have the slightest clue as to how to construct it but I wonder if it would be very expensive to get all the parts and have someone build it for me.

Respectfully,
Eric
Here you can read about some problems I faced so far and the answers given:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=40508

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:35 am

so my buddy is letting me barrow the sequencer he built from "music from outter space" and it is SWEET. the only thing ive got to have him fix is when i have it hooked up to my micro moog and have the VCA release set to longer times (anything above 1 m/sec) the switches that are off bleed through. but works great other than that i will post a pic tomarrow if i have time. he never completely finished it so its just a naked enclosure with sharpie marking the knobs and switches. this is my first analog sequencer and i can see that its going to do wonders for my music and horrible things to my social life for awhile lol.

analogMan

Post by analogMan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:42 pm

Powermac Dual 2.5 G5, Powerbook 12" 867
Motu 828, Firewire 410
TC Powercore
Cubase SX, Ableton Live, Reason, Traktor
Real Analog Synths

dave500

What sequencer do you use?

Post by dave500 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:30 pm

What sequencer do you use? Do you like it?
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron

CZ Rider

Post by CZ Rider » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:35 am

Using a few Dotcom Q960s with a few more Q962s and a Blacet Miniwave as a quantizer to sequence my Moog. Many possibilities with a setup like that. Here is a vid with 3 different simple 4 note sequences, with a counter to switch the sequence every 16 times. Of all the analog sequencers I have tried, I find the 960 the most musical and fun to use.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2WzgyjkTBU