Moog Pergatory

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:52 pm

That's an amazing confluence of English! :)

Thanks.

I've visted several DIY forums, but unfortunately I'm often met with hostile attitudes.
One has to consider that several of these folks are frustrated synth designers and musicians.
They usually have unrelated day jobs and have to pay for their synth interests.
Me? I work at home in the mountain wilderness, get paid to work with amazing synths and deal with pros making a living at music.
I often represent what they think is an ideal situation.
So I'm a great target for their frustrations. ;-)

With that said, I don't tend to frequent many of these places any longer.
Given the choice between working on some pro's wonderful synth and getting slammed by some know-it-all bent on cutting me down a few notches, I'll just go do my work. :)

LWG

Re: thread topic

Post by LWG » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:01 am

Kevin Lightner wrote:Fix the Kitten? I wish.
Hello,

You may want to contact Jeff Blenkinsopp here:

http://earsnyc.com/

Regards,

Lawrence

Hyphen nation

Post by Hyphen nation » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:45 am

LWG wrote:
Kevin Lightner wrote:Fix the Kitten? I wish.
Hello,

You may want to contact Jeff Blenkinsopp here:

http://earsnyc.com/

Regards,

Lawrence
you did see the pictures a few posts back of the synth's kevin has sitting in his living room right now, right? The ones he was doing maintenance/repairs on?

LWG

Post by LWG » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:22 am

Hyphen nation wrote:you did see the pictures a few posts back of the synth's kevin has sitting in his living room right now, right? The ones he was doing maintenance/repairs on?
Hello,

you did read Kevin's post in it's entirety, to contextualize mine, right?..... the part where he stated he has been unable to find any documentation on the Kitten, and has had no help in doing so on diy sites?
Jeff Blenkinsopp worked for Octave electronics some years ago and would be more in a position to help out with any documentation that a diy site.
You seem to be drawing some other type of inference from my post, and I'm not sure what thats about.

Regards,

Lawrence

Rifferoo

Post by Rifferoo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:57 pm

Kevin - maybe this would help? They have photos of the schematics posted - maybe you could zoom in on 'em close enough for them to be legible?
http://www.tribalsmile.com/kitten/

space_nerd

Post by space_nerd » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:47 pm

Kevin Lightner wrote: Now my livingroom looks like this below and I hardly touch the synths unless I'm working or testing 'em.
See how 30+ years can jade you? ;-)

http://www.synthfool.com

Fantastic!
Now Kevin when you open that beautiful Serge would you like to post somewhere some photos for us?? (or even via email) :roll: :roll:
PPPRRRLLLEEASSE! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
THANKS!

Hyphen nation

Post by Hyphen nation » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:09 am

LWG wrote:
Hyphen nation wrote:you did see the pictures a few posts back of the synth's kevin has sitting in his living room right now, right? The ones he was doing maintenance/repairs on?
Hello,

you did read Kevin's post in it's entirety, to contextualize mine, right?..... the part where he stated he has been unable to find any documentation on the Kitten, and has had no help in doing so on diy sites?
Jeff Blenkinsopp worked for Octave electronics some years ago and would be more in a position to help out with any documentation that a diy site.
You seem to be drawing some other type of inference from my post, and I'm not sure what thats about.

Regards,

Lawrence

Yeah, I thought that by posting a link to someone else who repairs synths, that you were suggesting that Kevin send his synth to someone else for repair, not that he should contact someone for the actual schematics...

I happen to hold Kevin in high regard, and misread your post is all...

ikazlar

Post by ikazlar » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:04 am

Congratulations on your purchase!