When ? --> LP OS 1.04 & 2.00 for Tribute Edition

Everything Phatty.
dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:07 pm

yes, and there is already an usb hardware upgrade for the Stage...[/quote]

When I purchased my LPTE I never even thought about upgrades with further functions added. I bought it "as is" and was happy with it. The added functionalities are just "icing on the cake" I am willing to wait as long as it takes. It's kind of like missing "found money" if i really wanted the ARP etc. NOW i would sell my TE and buy a Stage 2 ;). Patience seems to be a dissappearing quality in the modern world.

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:10 pm

you DON'T have the noise proplem !
and we HAVE it...
it's a pain to go to sub menu to disable the EG scan every time i want to record a sound without hight pitched noise.

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:20 pm

no i dont have the noise problem and im running v1.03c thats what makes me think the issue isnt fixable via software. There are others who also don't have the noise problem it only seems to be on some units. as i said its probably due to a certain combination of components where the sum of variant electrical characteristics adds up to the problem. There is no way to predict the complexities that small variations in components may produce.

LPTE # 585

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:30 pm

it's a known problem, and moog has a sofware fix for this.
they just wait to put it in the new tribute OS...

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:10 pm

i see...well then all is right in the universe...helluva fine synth imho :) i still love it as much as the day i bought it in 2006

cheers man all will work out if we patient :)

kanker

Post by kanker » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:58 am

haiku-ish wrote:
But c'mon ... 1½ years to get a bug fix?!?
yes, and there is already an usb hardware upgrade for the Stage...
Yet we are called selfish for wanting a fix. They already have our money - who's being selfish? New products are more important than fixing flawed ones that have already been sold apparently. This whole situation makes it very difficult for me to consider purchasing any further Moog products. :roll:
Little Phatty Tribute #0678

Roetsj

Post by Roetsj » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:48 am

:( :( :( :roll: :roll: :roll: :( :( :( ,loose pitchwheels,not enough memory,a noise issue,no cure yet?,but I love the sound and looks!
Keeping it analog

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:24 pm

no news ?
Is the pedal shipping ?

any information about the tribute update/upgrade ?

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:28 pm

plenty of cures for almost everything; most cures are available now.
exception is: new Tribute OS still needs to be written.
Yes, I know it's been a long time, but we'll get there as soon as we can.
The pedal (MP-201 multipedal) is not shipping yet, but we begin manufacturing them next week. So, we're making progress.
As I keep saying; we are a small group of people and we can only work so quickly. Thanks for your patience, one and all.

-Amos

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:46 pm

it is not true... you've made an usb upgrade for the stage I before fixing the tribute...

i know...Image

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:14 am

exception is: new Tribute OS still needs to be written.
-Amos[/quote

since the LPTE hasnt been compiled yet perhaps it is not too late to write a version that can implement all the new features by "stealing" some patch memory instead of a pysical memory upgrade if thats possible.

I dont know how big the respective parts of the OS are was just a thought ;)

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:46 pm

haiku-ish wrote: it is not true... you've made an usb upgrade for the stage I before fixing the tribute...
This is incorrect. We did not "make" a USB upgrade for the Stage I. The USB parts from the stage II are completely interchangeable with the Stage I, so we are simply offering Stage II parts for sale to Stage I owners. It took no extra engineering time. If it had required extra engineering time, then we wouldn't have been able to do it yet. The Tribute upgrade requires engineering time. That's why we still haven't done it yet. Does that make sense?

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:53 pm

So, Amos, when can I get my nifty black back panel? :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

haiku-ish

Post by haiku-ish » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:12 pm

it makes sense,
Amos i didn't want to irritate you,

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=xJSey8HRUhU

i'm just tired to wait for the noise fix...

dlearyus

LPTE v2.0 OS

Post by dlearyus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:20 pm

i guess "stealing" patch memory (say 80 slots) wouldnt free up enuff memory to hold the new v2.0. that being said...."if" one were to do the memory upgrade "before" the v2.0 is released (in anticipation of such) would there be any issues with having the v1.03c loaded? (might be a dumb question i know but...) and having asked that the really important question is....how much for the upgrade kit? (field installed by a qualified tech). I didnt see any reference to it on the product page yet.

cheers and....thnx :)