noisey voyager: heeelppp....................................

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
SirZebrathe9th

noisey voyager: heeelppp....................................

Post by SirZebrathe9th » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:01 pm

Whats Up Forumers?

I havent been active here lately, because i've been haviing too much fun with my voyager. Which brings to my question: I just noticed yesterday that it makes a very noticable noise, similar to when you have a cable plugged into an amp, but not plugged into any instrument, and the plug is touching something like the ground or something and you get that high pitch feedback noise, and you can tap on the tip and make beats with the clicky noise you get? Or when you have the volume too loud on something when no sound is coming out, but you get that high pitch electricity sound? KNow what Im saying? Well thats the sound i am hearing, except for the clicky bits. I get it on both L and R outputs. When i turn off the voyager the noise gets really loud and more pronounced, and doesnt go away, so i have to unplug the cables to kill it, or turn it on to make it slightly less loud. I've noticed that when plug into the R out, after plugging in th L, the sounds gets noticable quiter. I have tried using different cables, and different inputs on my mixer, lowering the volume on the mixer and the voyager and i still get this noise.

I have never heard this before, Im thinking that since this also coincidentally happened after i moved it to a different part of my room that maybe its getting some kind of interference from some other electroics, but i moved it back and i still get the noise. I am very very careful when i carry it or move it, but maybe some how i damaged it in some way.

I emailed Moog about it as well, so maybe they might know, but no reply yet. Im still trying different things to try to come up with a solution, but i thought id ask you for any kind of advice you all might have. I apologize if this has been covered already here.
Thanks, and keep on turning knobs!!!
patrick :o :o :o :o