Moog Repair Tech Needed - Liberation

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
synthhead

Moog Repair Tech Needed - Liberation

Post by synthhead » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:15 pm

I have a Moog Liberation that is in need of servicing. The problem is that the synth is constantly sustaining, the Gate LED is always on even when no key is pressed. The keyboard buss is fine, it seems to be related to a short in the triggering circuitry on the main board. It still sounds excellent and I've found a way to play around the problem by using the Sustain slider in the Loudness contour section, but still would like to get it fixed and back to full health. I live in Indiana, USA and would like to find a good Moog technician in the local vicinity but will also consider shipping out of state for servicing. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated!
Thanks,
~Synthhead

writeroxie

Re: Moog Repair Tech Needed - Liberation

Post by writeroxie » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:43 am

synthhead wrote:I have a Moog Liberation that is in need of servicing. The problem is that the synth is constantly sustaining, the Gate LED is always on even when no key is pressed. The keyboard buss is fine, it seems to be related to a short in the triggering circuitry on the main board. It still sounds excellent and I've found a way to play around the problem by using the Sustain slider in the Loudness contour section, but still would like to get it fixed and back to full health. I live in Indiana, USA and would like to find a good Moog technician in the local vicinity but will also consider shipping out of state for servicing. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated!
Thanks,
~Synthhead
I've had mg-1 and opus 3 serviced by Jerry at "MacDonald Audio Services" in Weymouth MA. email him at [email protected]

writeroxie

also...

Post by writeroxie » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:44 am

PS - i recall that he also has an old liberation sitting around in his shop, which could be handy for parts, in your situation.

FreqOut

Post by FreqOut » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:20 pm

I live in Indy and have a Liberation, too!
This summer, I'm planning on refurbishing it (reflowing all the solder joints, replacing wiring in the neck because there is an intermittant short in there somewhere, and replacing the ribbon controller if I can find one). I will probably strip the paint and repaint and relabel it because it's in pretty bad shape cosmetically.
Let me know if you find someone good to do the work for you, that might save me alot of time!

FreqOut

frodosmoke

moog repairs

Post by frodosmoke » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:34 pm

since we are on the subject of moog repairs even though mine is a old micromoog does anyone know where in so. cal repairs or tunes up can be done if so please let me know i'd appreciate it.javascript:emoticon(':shock:')[/img][/b]