Etherwave volume trouble

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
cheveux.boucles

Etherwave volume trouble

Post by cheveux.boucles » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:00 pm

I made an Etherwave theremin from the kit about a month ago, and everything has been wonderful until just recently. This is my problem: the volume (actual output, not the volume antenna) has dropped tremendously and the use of the volume antenna has been disabled... I don't know what to do, and I figured I'd post my question here, before contacting moog directly (i'm sure they're pretty swamped right now).
The theremin is making noise (it's not completely dead), but it is nowhere near where it was.
Thanks in advance!

EricK

Post by EricK » Mon May 12, 2008 1:00 pm

Im suprised noone chimed in on this one.

My initial reaction was "Take your hand off the antenna" just kidding.

Id call the company if you haven't already.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

cheveux.boucles

Post by cheveux.boucles » Mon May 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Hey, thanks a bunch for replying! I already got in touch with them (a long time ago at this point) and they explained everything. (for those with this problem in the future, the pitch pots were so out of tune that it went backwards within its range, so tuning it intensively for about an hour fixed it up nicely. I think there may have also been more than a few cold solder joints... my fault!) Moog is an amazing company, and I really appreciate their enthusiasm with helping us amateur musicians and sound-makers. My theremin is still up and running, and I've got a feeling it'll be around for a long time!
Thanks,
Ed
Moog LP TE