How does the Murf rate control & the FS-1 interact?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Jumbo Fuzz

How does the Murf rate control & the FS-1 interact?

Post by Jumbo Fuzz » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:29 pm

I got the impression from the Murf manual that if a tempo is set with the FS-1 footswitch, and the rate knob is subsequently adjusted, you lose the tapped tempo. I was wondering if this is true, or it the two things work together (i.e. creating subdivisions).

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:03 pm

The rate knob does over-ride the tap tempo when turned. The Tap tempo over-rides the rate when tapped. They don't affect each other.

Also grab a stereo "Y" cable so you can do the step mode (tap will be one and step will be the other), so each tap of the FS-1 will advance the MuRF pattern one step. If you happen to have any old drum machines with a "trigger out", you can use this mode to keep it in time with a midi clock.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

Mooguitar

Post by Mooguitar » Sat May 03, 2008 6:52 pm

Hey -- I have a MuRf FS over at ebay

Real bargain starting bid. Mint.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Moog-Moogerfooger-M ... dZViewItem
Likely On Tour somewhere, with one of:
Project/Object (Music of Frank Zappa) www.projectobject.com
Greg Lake www.greglake.com
Eddie Jobson www.eddiejobson.com
Adrian Belew www.adrianbelew.net
Delicious (LOTS of MP-201 action) www.satansjamband.com