High frequency tone when setting the front panel light on AE

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Demokid

High frequency tone when setting the front panel light on AE

Post by Demokid » Tue May 11, 2004 3:49 am

Hi everyone!

I got my Voyager Anniversary Edition yesterday. What a great looking/sounding sounding!! I just have one question to AE users.

When I set the front panel light to max I hear a very high frequency noise/tone from the Voyager. The tone is not originating from the Voyagers main output, something seams to oscillate from within the Voyager like an old TV or something. Does all AE models sound like that or is my Voyager broken?

Kind regards
Demokid

solar

Post by solar » Tue May 11, 2004 10:46 am

Hey Demo. I got mine a few days ago and it does that as well. Most dimmers create odd hums and such. Thankfully it's not in the audio stream so it's really a very minor thing, except perhaps for your dog who will most certainly not approve of your new purchase. :)

monads

Post by monads » Tue May 11, 2004 10:48 am

I hear a tiny noise (barely audible) when I turn the lamp all the way up. Shouldn't be a problem and I think all Voyagers are like this. Also it's not recommended to run the lamp full blast. It will decrease the life of the bulb.

Demokid

Post by Demokid » Tue May 11, 2004 4:02 pm

Yeh I have got used to the sound and when you play you don’t think about it... I’m a bit worried about the life span of the light bulb. I wonder how much it will cost to replace the bulb… :(

Boeing 737-400

Post by Boeing 737-400 » Tue May 11, 2004 4:34 pm

Where is the bulb situated/how do the get it to light up?

Demokid

Post by Demokid » Fri May 14, 2004 8:22 am

Don’t know where the bulb is situated or what kind of bulb it is. I don’t dare to open my brand new Voyager…

Here are some pictures:
Regards
Demokid

ikazlar

Hey Demokid

Post by ikazlar » Mon May 17, 2004 2:23 am

I can see that you also have an Andromeda in your arsenal... Very nice! I also have one and it is becoming my favorite synthesizer. What kind of music do you make?

8)

Demokid

Post by Demokid » Wed May 19, 2004 2:06 pm

Hmm... What kind of music do I make? I was the singer and songwriter in a small synthpop band called The Mourning After but we split up two years ago. Now I’m trying to pick up where I left. I’m doing synthpopish/80 electronic pop music.

What kind of music do you make?

Kind regards
Demokid

ikazlar

Post by ikazlar » Thu May 20, 2004 2:44 am

Hi Demokid,

I make my own music! 8) For want of better words, I love electronic music, very few trance songs and I simply adore 80's electronic pop. I guess that these genres leak into me most of the time. My music contains elements from classic music (possibly because of my piano studies) but I think that they are nicely interwoven.

I have never been in a group. I wanted this very much but the kind of music I make doesn't have much of an audience in Greece. If I was in Sweden or some place else I guess that it would have been a lot easier. I heard that there are people who dream of being in groups, you know the typical let's-do-it-for-a-joke idea, and pick up from there.

If you ever come to Greece, maybe we can do a demo together!

:wink: Ciao

Yannis 8)

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Thu May 20, 2004 3:18 am

You two should go get a room...

Demokid

Post by Demokid » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:53 pm

Ha Ha Ha!! :D