New member and a couple of LP questions

Everything Phatty.
cwinkels

Post by cwinkels » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:16 am

robles wrote:For $600 you can get the perfect mod unit for your LP. I bought Spectral Audio's Neptune II
The Neptune II looks interesting, but for me it would be a replacement rather than an adjunct to an LP, in that they're both monophonic analogue subtractive synthesizers with similar architecture. The enhanced mod capabilities are interesting, but I was to buy a second mono synth it would likely be something like an Evolver to expand the palette a wee bit more.

I do appreciate the tip though.

robles

Post by robles » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:41 am

cwinkels wrote:
robles wrote:For $600 you can get the perfect mod unit for your LP. I bought Spectral Audio's Neptune II
The Neptune II looks interesting, but for me it would be a replacement rather than an adjunct to an LP, in that they're both monophonic analogue subtractive synthesizers with similar architecture. The enhanced mod capabilities are interesting, but I was to buy a second mono synth it would likely be something like an Evolver to expand the palette a wee bit more.

I do appreciate the tip though.
Well, I had been thinking of a small modular strictly for modulating the LP but found everything I wanted in the Neptune, so I just went for that.