rachel

nathan

Post by nathan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:59 pm

there isnt
for now there's a pedal
2-piece drumkit/4x diy-triggers/1x diy-mixer-preamp/2x clavia micromodular

LilFatty

Post by LilFatty » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:55 pm

I really hope that Moog Music hold back a little, it's way too early to introduce an LP2. I mean what is wrong with the current LP???

I'm guessing it's a sales thing, it cannot be any other reason imo. USB is not neccessary, and the Arp thing is cool, but should be able to work in the LP with an OS update.

So why an LP 2?

I just bought mine in June07...and now this comes up. This just shows that these short term products are now becoming a disposable item...at our expense. :(

rachel

Post by rachel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:06 pm

LilFatty wrote:I really hope that Moog Music hold back a little, it's way too early to introduce an LP2. I mean what is wrong with the current LP???

I'm guessing it's a sales thing, it cannot be any other reason imo. USB is not neccessary, and the Arp thing is cool, but should be able to work in the LP with an OS update.

So why an LP 2?

I just bought mine in June07...and now this comes up. This just shows that these short term products are now becoming a disposable item...at our expense. :(
It is only a rumour, but the same person who mentioned this was right about the
Voyager Old School as well.

I am very happy with my LP TE, I know when we buy technology these days, something "better" will always happen along. That probably should just be a given these days.
My old JP6, minimoog and and so on are no less valuable to me in spite of being
technically "obsolete"!

rachel

kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:25 pm

rachel wrote:That probably should just be a given these days.
My old JP6, minimoog and and so on are no less valuable to me in spite of being
That's the good thing about musical instruments: The user determines, if something is obsolete or not! If it sounds right it is right :)

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:31 am

never mind a Phatty 2.0 can we expect a new OS soon for the TE...v2.0 perhaps? :) btw awesome new products guys i was just commenting the other day on the pros and cons of buying a "new" analog synth as opposed to a 30 year old one with all the associated problems...component drift/failure/age. If anyone was thinking of buying a used Mini D you may want to consider the new Mini OS....you'll get another 30 or 40 years out of it. Sure is gonna cheese off all the peeps asking $3000 for their Mini D's LOL. WAY TO GO MOOG! now if you guys could do a 3 voice expander the universe will be complete :)

Novacz

Post by Novacz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:03 pm

One question again: what about the LP OS 2.0 update? :)
The NAMM is out, and there isn't any news...
Ha Moog, legyen kövér... :)

MINIMOOG Voyager Electric Blue, Moog MP-201, Nord Electro 3, Nord Modular, CRUMAR MULTIMAN S

http://www.mocun.hu

T7

Post by T7 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:39 pm

I'm guessing the Little Phatty II rumour will turn out to be LP OS 2.0.

Novacz

Post by Novacz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:25 pm

Yes, I think so that! About 2 months ago Amos said that the LP OS 2.0 will arrive after NAMM 2008...
Sorry for my impatient. :?

MINIMOOG Voyager Electric Blue, Moog MP-201, Nord Electro 3, Nord Modular, CRUMAR MULTIMAN S

Novacz

Post by Novacz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:26 pm

oh, of course: ...my impatience... :)
my english is grrr....

Sofine

Re: Phatty 2.0?

Post by Sofine » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:15 am

rachel wrote:I heard a rumour there is to be a Phatty 2.0. It is supposed to have
an arpeggiator and USB connectivity. I wonder if this is true? NAMM time
is always full of rumours, but there is now an "Old School" Voyager, which was
a surprise.

rachel
It is NOT a rumour. It is true! I saw an article (complete with photo) in February's edition of Future Music, which pretty much confirms Rachel's OP.

I hope that us LPv1 owners aren't forgotten, and that we get the arpeggiator function as an OS / firmware upgrade.

Simon.

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:59 am

Sofine wrote:I hope that us LPv1 owners aren't forgotten, and that we get the arpeggiator function as an OS / firmware upgrade.
That is certainly the plan. :)

I can't give an accurate estimate of how long it will take to complete and test the new OS update for the Little Phatty... but we are working on it!

Paulkaiju

Post by Paulkaiju » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:44 pm

New LP owner storming in here (Spent years twiddling on a MS2000R and assorted software synths, I absolutely love my LP!).

Hi everyone!

I'm open to speculation and explanations as i can't seem to find my own.

Where exactly would the control of the arpeg go? :?:

Is there room anywhere? Would it fit as an option into the individual patches, or somewhere the Mod section?

T7

Post by T7 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Sofine wrote:
rachel wrote:I heard a rumour there is to be a Phatty 2.0. It is supposed to have
an arpeggiator and USB connectivity. I wonder if this is true? NAMM time
is always full of rumours, but there is now an "Old School" Voyager, which was
a surprise.

rachel
It is NOT a rumour. It is true! I saw an article (complete with photo) in February's edition of Future Music, which pretty much confirms Rachel's OP.

I hope that us LPv1 owners aren't forgotten, and that we get the arpeggiator function as an OS / firmware upgrade.

Simon.
Wow. How much does its appearance differ from the SE?

dave500

Post by dave500 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:25 pm

Amos wrote:
Sofine wrote:I hope that us LPv1 owners aren't forgotten, and that we get the arpeggiator function as an OS / firmware upgrade.
That is certainly the plan. :)

I can't give an accurate estimate of how long it will take to complete and test the new OS update for the Little Phatty... but we are working on it!

Thanks for the update Amos I love my Little Phatty TE and she loves me :oops:
Model D, Little Phatty Tribute w/cv, The Rogue, MF-102, CP-251, Animoog and Filtatron