TE Phatty Noise Thread

Everything Phatty.
CheeseDetective

TE Phatty Noise Thread

Post by CheeseDetective » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:57 pm

I own a TE Phatty and am very dissapointed with the noise problem (digital sounding aliasing). I know I can run round this problem by turning the envelope section off but for me this is not a cure. It seems that a lot of people have this problem but as it's not cured yet I wonder if everyone is happy, having spent a lot of money, with the envelope work around. The synth cost a lot of money and shouldn;t need work arounds to deal with bad design! I've written 2 emails to Moog and have had no replies. Not the Moog I had in my thoughts. Generally pissed off, Nick

jon_kull

Post by jon_kull » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:06 pm

Given the small handful of people that have complained (out of the hundreds of LPs that have been sold) I would assume that the workaround isn't much of an issue for most people. It isn't for me. Though I could be wrong.

CheeseDetective

Noise

Post by CheeseDetective » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:36 pm

So, you don't mind spending a lot of money for something that is faulty?

CheeseDetective

Noise

Post by CheeseDetective » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:45 pm

. . . and furthermore, it seems that a lot of people seem to attribute the noise to the Phatty's "analog" character.

jon_kull

Re: Noise

Post by jon_kull » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:06 pm

CheeseDetective wrote:So, you don't mind spending a lot of money for something that is faulty?
No because it does what I want it to do and the workaround doesn't interfere with the way I work. My biggest issue with the LP was with the quality of the keybed but I knew about that before I bought it (from reviews I read) and bought one anyway.

If you're that unhappy with yours you can always return it (or sell it) and buy something else.

CheeseDetective

Noise

Post by CheeseDetective » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:29 am

Well, selling it is a bleep option cause I'll lose moneyand I'd love to return it but Moog do not reply to my mails.

jon_kull

Post by jon_kull » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:20 pm

You'll probably have an easier time calling them on the phone. I've noticed that they don't always respond to email (or it takes forever) but they always answer the phone. They're also a small company and this time of year may be closed for the holidays.

CheeseDetective

Post by CheeseDetective » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:33 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a call and see what the options are.

Roetsj

Post by Roetsj » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:30 am

Still love my TE,a little gem,am not bothered that it makes sounds! :wink: A moog is a moog,make music with it,it sure is an instrument!.
I would never trade it with an SE,when playing it I doubt you will here the noise!
Keeping it analog

CheeseDetective

Post by CheeseDetective » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:50 am

Thanks Roetsj. That's a very constructive addition to the thread. I'm well aware that the Little Phattyis a top synth and also aware that some people take man machine love a little far but my original point was simply that the TE has a fault and whether that bothers you or not, this is not acceptable for a product in this price class!

CheeseDetective

Post by CheeseDetective » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:51 am

. . .o , and yes, I can hear the noise when I'm playing it. That's the point. The noise isn't there when I'm not playing it!

CheeseDetective

Post by CheeseDetective » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:59 am

I've just spoke to Amos and have been reassured that this problem is being work on. It will be another work around but a more user friendly one and one which should keep the creative process flowing. It's still a problem if you ask me because it means that Moog have a released a product with a design fault. Now we have to learn to live with it!

rg

Post by rg » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:47 pm

I am sure people are upset by this problem but aren't on here posting. I have to say that I stopped playing the TE because it just annoys the crap out of me that the noise is there.

CheeseDetective

Post by CheeseDetective » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:42 pm

At last somebody who thinks alike and who is not blinded by "Moog Love". Someone who can see the problem for what it is

rg

Post by rg » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:44 pm

Actually I'm pretty bummed out about it. My first Moog... I don't know if it's my monitors or my hearing or what but i hear the noise all the time. I really don't wanna play it now... I don't know why someone would be ok with having noise interferance... Its not like a hiss sound... its like a "reeereeeereereee" annoying sound. I want to have the Moog love but its not happening for me... It's just a let down... ugh