Good stand for Voyager

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Nick2012

Good stand for Voyager

Post by Nick2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:41 pm

Hey all. I just found a great stand for my Voyager on SALE! My home studio is very cramped, so I needed something that fits the Voyager dimensions, has the smallest footprint possible, and leaves maximum unobstructed room underneath (for my subwoofer). This stand is perfect! It's on sale for $24.99. The shipping charge is actually more than the stand (OUCH!!) but the bottom line is still a good deal. If your local Guitar Center has it in stock, and honors the online sale price, you'll make out VERY well. Here's the link...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Quik-Lok-Z- ... 1142047.gc

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:46 pm

My father got this stand from Guitar Center. It had 2 88 key units on it and its very very sturdy.

You can mount the voyager on it though it might be just a little higher than normal but a good height for standing up and playing, especially with another great Moog synth on the top rack! heheh

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ProLine-PL- ... 1167838.gc
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

gd

Post by gd » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:24 pm

I have the 3 tier version of the above and the Voyager has been sitting comfortably on the top for the past few years with no issues.
Mini D, P'08 ..

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:24 pm

Quiklok makes great stuff, and has a lot of options. If you are only using the Voyager and don't need a second tier, you may also consider the WS-540:
Are you sure you want the sub directly beneath it? You could risk kicking accidentally....

I have my Voyager mounted on the second tier of a Z-726, and it works great.

Nick2012

Post by Nick2012 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:08 pm

The stand just arrived. Here are some pics of it in my living room. For my situation it's perfect. I have a multi-tiered stand holding my other 3 studio keyboards. I needed something just for the Moog that would fit in the last little plot of studio real estate I had left. The WS-540 probably would have worked also. But the price on mine was killer.

The sub woofer will be set back as far as possible. Even if I do kick it, it's no big deal. It's a very solid square box with ports on the end.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:48 am

That thing sure is beautiful...did you get the select series? If so which one?

Nick2012

Post by Nick2012 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:00 am

It's a Select Jade. The wood is mahogany. It's darker than the other woods, but I'm a big fan of vintage Hammond organs (B3, C3, A100, M3, etc.) Most of the ones I've owned were mahogany.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:28 am

How is the noise of the lamp for the backlit panel? Someone at moog a few years ago told me that it was pretty loud but this was before the quiet technology.

Nick2012

Post by Nick2012 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:45 am

Are you talking about a noise emanating from the lamp and/or dimmer switch? Or do you mean a buzz that can be heard at the audio outputs? In any case, I have experienced neither. And I would have been pretty upset if I had.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:26 pm

EricK wrote:How is the noise of the lamp for the backlit panel? Someone at moog a few years ago told me that it was pretty loud but this was before the quiet technology.
The Select Series uses the newer Quiet II technology, which eliminates the high-pitched whine that occurred in the older backlit Voyagers. If you're considering purchasing one of these current instruments, have no fear.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:56 am

Marzzz wrote:Quiklok makes great stuff, and has a lot of options. If you are only using the Voyager and don't need a second tier, you may also consider the WS-540:

A few years ago, I modified a WS-540 by removing the middle support bar to create a portable stand for equipment racks:

Although looking a bit like an oversized bug, the stand works great, folds flat and is easy to transport. Also, by placing a piece of 2' X 2' plywood on top, the stand becomes a handy table to keep those Moogerfoogers close at hand. :D