Audio and CP 251

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
bcor

Audio and CP 251

Post by bcor » Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:20 pm

I realize that the CP 251 is for control voltages, but what happens if you feed and audio signal into the inputs. I'm asking because I have a phototheremin with an LFO, but it only has an audio out jack (no CV outs). If I went into, say, the Lag processor of the CP 251 with an LFO'ed audio signal would what would happen? Could I change the wave shape? Would I damage my unit or myself???? One of the LFO in jacks on either my MF Ring Mod or Phaser will actually take an audio in.

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:07 am

You can get a white noise as an audio output, and "clicks" when you plug the LFO into a monitor. That's it. It for the most part for CV's.

bcor

Audio and CP 251

Post by bcor » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:38 pm

But what if you feed audio *into* the CP251. If that audio has a wave form will you be able to use that wave form and modify it and send it out?"

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:39 pm

:? Where were you planning to input your audio signal? Do you have some sort of modified CP-251?

I don't think you can do this and is in denial about it....

peacefrog

Re: Audio and CP 251

Post by peacefrog » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:47 pm

bcor wrote:But what if you feed audio *into* the CP251. If that audio has a wave form will you be able to use that wave form and modify it and send it out?"
Well, the obvious answer is try it and see. The way I see there are two possiblities to your quest: 1) to manipulate the audio using the 251 as a stompbox instead of as a stompbox controler; or 2) use the audio wave form to control paramaters on other moogerfooger pedals instead of the lfo or mixed in with the lfo and used a control voltage. You also might be able to use the mult section to send the audio different places, and you might be able to mix the audio with, well anynumber of things in the mixer section.

But, if you think about it, the CP-251 does some rather basic wave form manipulations that are meant to tweak real specific parameters. The audio wave forms are compliated and of a much higher frequence than the lfo created by the CP-251. I don't think it would do anything "valuable" with the audio.

I think there are enough cool things that the 251 can do already-- and I only used it for one night. I used it with my low pass filter to make a hybrid auto-wah/tremolo pedal for my guitar and it was fabulous sounding. I mean sweet and smooth like you couldn't imagine, really perfect for what I was going for.

BrianK

Post by BrianK » Sun May 30, 2004 6:33 am

By itself, the Control processor is NOT for audio processing. You could try one or two thing into the mixer, but you'd be disappointed. It meant more as an Output device, or to ork with CV signals. Sorry...