Voyager with Continuum

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
brain_11

Voyager with Continuum

Post by brain_11 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:40 am

I just got my Haken Continuum but I have trouble setting it up. Namely, the pitch bend does not work properly. I can play the half notes correctly if I lift my finger but when I slide my finger on the surface from note to note it doesn't bend correctly. So it works now as a regular keyboard and not as a fretless instrument. The bend range on the Voyager is 2 octaves up and down and on the Continuum I tried from 12 to 96 without luck. Is there anyone who can help me?

bunnyman

Post by bunnyman » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:08 am

Hmmm, the Continuum sounds broken. You can send it over to me. :wink: Seriously, though, I'm not sure what the problem is; My Doepfer MAQ sequencer sends out pitch bend data, so that turning the seq's knobs sends out MIDI that ends up sounding just like sending out CV/gate. The pitch bend range on my V'ger makes no difference. Perhaps a hidden menu on your Continuum?

rlainhart

Post by rlainhart » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:47 am

When you say it doesn't bend correctly, do you mean that it doesn't bend at all, or that the bend is out of tune? If it doesn't bend at all - that is, you get steps when you slide - make sure that your Rounding value is set to less than 127, if you have Rounding on at all.

If the bend is out of tune, try doing the calibration procedure mentioned in the manual.

brain_11

Post by brain_11 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:09 pm

It bends but out of tune. I did the tuning many times but still have the symptom. Changing the pitch-bend value on the Voyager has a marginal effect only .