Finally scored a Mini!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
carbon111

Post by carbon111 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:00 am

I could suggest several things to check that few people know about, but if your mini fails any of these tests, you'd probably be less than pleased knowing.
Not at all, I welcome all info. Knowledge is always a good thing. Fire away.

I know that nothing is perfect and I'm certain this Minimoog is no exception!

The condition of the keycontacts, pots and general stability make me think this is a relatively decent one though - certainly better than the others I've fooled with ;)
Best Regards, James
--
http://www.carbon111.com

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:24 am

Kevin,

I agree with Carbon. Tell us about the issues that you mention. It is always good to understand more about our instruments, or in the case of the Mini D, our babies.

I would love to have you go over my Mini, but I know that you are too busy for this to ever happen. Not sure that I would trust another tech to work it over unless there was something specifically wrong with it.

Sharing your knowledge is the next best thing....
Thanks Bob!!

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:44 am

Well professionally and publicly I'd love to offer some insight, but privately James has been less than kind or sympathetic to me in personal emails.
Here, I must follow his own web page motto of "What you give is what you get."

Others are welcome to write me.

carbon111

Post by carbon111 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:31 am

Say what?!

I've been perfectly kind and respectful to you. I hold no animosity toward you whatsoever and if you think I do, I publicly say now that I don't and never will.

If you have problems with friends of mine, you'll have to work that out between yourselves. I have no quarrel with you at all.

I have always had utmost respect for you and am personally hurt and saddened by your statement...

If it was your intent to hurt me...then I guess I don't understand what kind of person you are...
Best Regards, James
--

Hyphen nation

Post by Hyphen nation » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:14 am

wow...insert awkward silence...

gd

Post by gd » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:08 am

I have had my miniD for 34 yrs. now and would never part with it. The Voyager is what has gone along on gigs for the past 3 yrs. I don't play the old gal much these days but when I need a shot of real substance it is always there. Its funny but I still work out new sounds with the mini then go and recreate them on the Voyager. Congrats and enjoy!
Mini D, P'08 ..

carbon111

Post by carbon111 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:20 pm

Thanks!

It really is a beautiful synth. My first project with it is going to be to make something with it alone. I might use some "found" ambiences but all the synth sounds will be Minimoog :)
Best Regards, James
--