Delay loop question

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
Bryan T

Delay loop question

Post by Bryan T » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:32 pm

I just got a 104Z and really dig it. One thing that has me puzzled is the loop. I was expecting the effect in the loop to affect all of the repeats. As it is now, I hear the note I play, the first repeat, and then only the second (and third, fourth, etc.) have the effect on them. Is that normal? Why is it like that?

I guess I was expecting every repeat to go through the loop. I was hoping to be able to do things like pitch shift the repeats without hearing the original pitch again.

Thanks,
Bryan

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:50 am

The first repeat is not a repeat at all, but your dry signal appearing at the output. Why not turn the Mix to 10, then you will only hear the delayed signal. The only problem would be trying to sync without hearing the initial signal.

P.S Envelopes (and inverted envelopes) sound really cool on the Time input.

Bryan T

Post by Bryan T » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:05 pm

latigid on wrote:The first repeat is not a repeat at all, but your dry signal appearing at the output. Why not turn the Mix to 10, then you will only hear the delayed signal. The only problem would be trying to sync without hearing the initial signal.

P.S Envelopes (and inverted envelopes) sound really cool on the Time input.
Like I said in my original post, I hear the note I play, followed by the first repeat, and then every repeat after that goes through the loop. So, if I were to put a pitch shifter in the loop set to a fifth and played an E, then I would hear E - E - B - F#- C#, etc. In my mind, I was expecting the loop to be applied before the first repeat is heard, so I would hear E - B - F# - C#, etc. Is my 104 abnormal?

Thanks,
Bryan

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Sorry, I didn't read your post properly. That is weird, I would have though the same as you. No idea sorry.

username

Post by username » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:14 am

Mine does the same thing. It sucks and I wish there was a way to fix it.

toryjames

Post by toryjames » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:23 pm

Has anyone with the original MF104 experienced this?