MoogSpace: rather boring ?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Modularfan

Post by Modularfan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:50 am

till wrote:
sergiovalente9 wrote:...
Is the moog space dead????
I would say yes, if you look for the changes since the start of this thread by me 25 days ago.

Hopefully there is someone from the Moog home at the Frankfurt Messe to talk to when I go there by the end of this week.
Til -

Did you talk to anybody from Moog about this at the Messe? Any word from them? Seems they have been very silent about this thread.

MF

till

Post by till » Sat May 05, 2007 11:38 am

Fentro wrote:... I heard from Mike Adams, Moog's president, that so far, no one has been charged for the site because it is in beta.
Simply wrong answer by Mike Adams. I can proove it easily. I registered very early. And I had to pay on February the 3rd.
Here is the mail I got after the payment was processed:
moogmusic.com wrote:From: [email protected]
Subject: Your MoogSpace payment
Date: 3. Februar 2007 16:21:07 MEZ
To: [email protected]

Hello Till Kopper,

We have received your payment of $12.95. Your subscription to MoogSpace has been renewed. We here at Moog sincerely appreciate your support. Enjoy MoogSpace, and thanks!
Fentro wrote: When the next step of development is complete, there will be more stuff on there that will make the minimal fee ($15/ year!) worthwhile, such as the Moogeler, a patch mapping tool where users can share their patch cable setups for specific sounds. There will also be exclusive discounts for paying members, and web instructional videos.
But I did not yet received value for 3 months. Not even the promised content the announced just before the paying. The errors of the MoogSpace (the way uploaded pictures are shown and the way userinterface bugs) are not yet fixed.
I received a short mail by MoogMusic Office Manager Heidi Bucher on April the 24th:
MoogMusic Office Manager Heidi Bucher wrote:I completely understand your frustration. We have a new Marketing guy starting next Monday. We have been without one for a couple weeks now. We have big plans for Moogspace, it has unfortunately just been put on the back burner for a while, but the front burner is near. ...
I really hope I get a refound for the months I payed for nothing at all.
And hopefully the way MoogMusic is communicating with paying MoogSpace members will get better. It can't get worse. it took 53 days for a real answer by Moog to this thread. And still no official words in this thread about the future of MoogSpace. This is why I published this mail of MoogMusic here.
I wonder how many people paid for MoogSpace. Only me?
In my country, the way the things happened would be a case for public offices to take actions.
But now I got an answer by Moog. And hopefully they will now finally keep the full MoogSpace mebers informed about what will happen when. So lets wait and see.

edit:
So you are the new site admin, Fentro ?
I think I missed this change being announced here somewhere.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

nathan

Post by nathan » Sat May 05, 2007 1:11 pm

Fentro wrote:While this forum is free, it's a mess, and Moogspace will be a lot cleaner and more relevant. So I'm going to give it a chance when they actually get it going. I created an account easy enough (no cc# required), and made some harsh comments. Let's see what happens!
already found it funny that you , being the siteadministrator, did this.
can you change your status-thingy, cause people are taking you much too serious. :wink:

till

Post by till » Sat May 05, 2007 2:36 pm

Sorry,

but here in Germany credit cards are not that much used as in most other countries. So I don't keep the monthly credit card account statements. I just check them when the single paper arrives here by the end of the month. But I have hundreds of bank account statements here on the other hand *)

So there might be a small chance, that the credit card was not actually charged. But on the other hand, why get I this mail then? And no word was ever read about the beta status. No word about credit cards given just for testing (Which is illegal btw). And no info on the MoogSpace front page either.

And why is there not a single official word of this by Moog and only by new Moog Forum user???
Why there is not a single word of MoogMusic Inc. about this in the mail to me?
And no word that the don't charged me in the mail from Office Manager Heidi Bucher to me? I wrote her, that I paid.

So I can't believe this credit card forms and the paying-received mail were fakes.
You, Fentro, are writing this because of a call to Mike. And I state this because of my mails from and to MoogMusic Inc. and this long thread.

Lets have a statement for all about the state of MoogSpace and the users that given creditcard details and received the paying-received mails.

*)
we don't use cheques here that much either. We use a well working system of low cost to free bank account transfer actions. And this even works very fine online. So we authorise bank account balancing for online payments most of the times. This is due to the way the bank business did grow this side of the Atlantic Ocean.

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

till

Post by till » Mon May 07, 2007 11:34 am

Today there was a new info about the Moog Modeler:
It will come this Summer

Thanks for the update !!!
Now I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sequence:

mee3d

Post by mee3d » Tue May 08, 2007 9:54 am

I received this in a PM :-
email me at [email protected] - I'm interested to see what you have - can you make some .mov clips ot quicktime? I just started there this week, but this is my job - give me some time to get up to speed. Thanks,

"Life is what happens to you when you're making other plans" - John Lennon

So what I want to know... is "Fentro" (or Scott?) really working on the moogspace or is this just an email from someone interested in accessing content that I might have?

I ask this as I do not beleive this is the way moog should go about this business.

Firstly there should be a public introduction to the new person who will be taking on this task... I actually find this PM quite rude as there's no way I'm going to hand over my video content just like that and no attempt to enquire further was made by "Scott".

Also, how about getting someone that can actually spell their email address correctly - "moogusic" or even compose a well written email... it all looks suspicious to me.
http://www.mee3d.com
3d animation & compositing | multimedia design & production | web design & development | dvd authoring & encoding | audio surround mixing & composition

mee3d

Post by mee3d » Thu May 10, 2007 6:48 am

So it appears the new moogspace guy "Fentro" has been fired after 6 days on the job (sorry about that Scott but you look like you got other irons in the fire).

I don't understand why this is so diffecult for moog to set-up and get right?

What now?
http://www.mee3d.com
3d animation & compositing | multimedia design & production | web design & development | dvd authoring & encoding | audio surround mixing & composition