BAD note problem!

Everything Phatty.
pookyneenee

BAD note problem!

Post by pookyneenee » Wed May 02, 2007 7:48 pm

I've recently found a serious problem with my LP...one of the notes (not the key itself) is out. It sounds like a bad tine on a rhodes...high pitch awfulness. The problem isn't mechanical because it shifts with the same note (C...middle I think) as I octave shift. I have updated the latest firmware and tried auto-tuning, factory restore and a full (note/osc2) callibration...none of this has fixed the problem.

Anyone else experience this? Is there something else I could try...a quick fix?

I live in Canada and seriously don't want to send this in (I've had it about 6months only) but, I will if that's the only way...

Thanks

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Wed May 02, 2007 8:08 pm

someone else had this problem , not sure what the fix was though it may have been forgetting to do a factory restore leading to a corrupeted note lookup table thingy....

software problem afaik, re install software and do factory restore.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed May 02, 2007 10:46 pm

hello there - yes this is a bad value in the note lookup table... first thing to try is to go master menu -> System Utilities -> Calibration;
first do the Pitch Wheel calibration
(bend wheel all the way down, all the way up, then let go so it returns by itself to center. I usually tap the cabinet next to the wheel once or twice so it will settle -- then press Enter)
next do the Note Calibration. You don't have to do the whole keyboard range, you can set the start and end note to be just the bad note - or just the octave it's in if you don't want to work out exactly which MIDI note number it is. (middle C is note# 60)
Make sure the LP has been on at least 30-45 minutes in a temperature-stable environment before note calibration.
Sometimes it can take a time or two for the note calibration routine to get it right and store the correct value for the problem note. Running it again usually works.
This is obviously not a desirable feature. We are looking into it right now and working to improve the calibration routine.

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Thu May 03, 2007 11:16 am

I actually had this same problem.

seen here:
http://moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4394

I actually found that alot of stuff was out of whack after I recalibrated the entire range like 3 times (3 X 2hours = 6 hours of my life).
And still it seemed to be acting strange with the 2nd OSC being tuned completely randomly and the patch "CA" and the bottom of the preset list for testing purposes didn't even work.

What I actually did that finally made it work was:
1. Factory Reset
2. Pitch Bend Calibration
3. Note Calibration

This seemed to fix everything, i actually didn't go on to do the other calibration actions because I was afraid to throw it out of whack again but that just might be me being worried about doing another 2 hours of calibration.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.