Critical question...PLEASE!!!

Everything Phatty.
lol

Critical question...PLEASE!!!

Post by lol » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:33 am

Hello to everybody....

Well I have two questions and i have two days left before my brother ships to New york to buy me the Little Phatty SE along with his holidays.

1) I am producing Progressive Trance/Electro music and i wanted to know if the LP is capable of producing the kind of Basses that this genre needs.I could answer this question myself but I don't have access to any LP to demo it.

2) I have never used an analog synth in my life.Only digital ones.I am wondering about this calibration thing.What is it?Everytime I want to use the LP I have to tune it or something?Can somebody explain me some basic synth before MY BROTHER LEAVES....................................................

Thanks in advance

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:42 am

1) i would say its capable of almost any sound you wanna make with it from concrete splitting basses to ear bleeding screams. yes i have a TE..so far ive made ALL the windows rattle in the house and my wife gave me bleep for messing up the china cabinet ;)

2) short answer - no

3) yes get one you wont be sorry :)

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:06 pm

dlearyus wrote:1) i would say its capable of almost any sound you wanna make with it from concrete splitting basses to ear bleeding screams. yes i have a TE..so far ive made ALL the windows rattle in the house and my wife gave me bleep for messing up the china cabinet ;)

2) short answer - no

3) yes get one you wont be sorry :)
Seconded. The LP has all the bass you could ever want. You turn it on and it is in tune and stays there. The LP would be a killer first analog synth, and you would never be sorry to purchase it.
Thanks Bob!!

electrical_engineer_gEEk

Post by electrical_engineer_gEEk » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:07 pm

brother's gonna work it out.........

Nick Montoya

Post by Nick Montoya » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:13 pm

No.. you don't have to calibrate it each time... The Lp is VERY stable !!

The Calibration and auto tune features are great, becuase this eliminate a few reasons why you'd send it back to the factory...

Cyril is an amazing engineer and these new features are absolutely amazing !!!
http://www.thevoltperoctaves.com

http://www.myspace.com/thevoltperoctaves

http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/?cat_id=28

lol

Post by lol » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:11 pm

Thanks guys....
I have the feeling that I wont regret it.....

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:27 pm

We said that you would not be sorry that you purchased the LP. We did not say that you would not have any regrets....

You will regret not having purchased one sooner, and you will regret not sleeping for the first couple of nights because you are having too much fun tweaking your new LP! :wink:
Thanks Bob!!

lol

Post by lol » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:29 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D

robles

Post by robles » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:21 am

Does it produce bass? Keepin mind that Moog is the originator of the Sine, Triangle, Saw, Square mode of synthesis. Yeah it's got the sound. Compared to digital synths? I have: Roland JP8080, Novation KS Rack, Waldorf MicroQ. The sound of the Moog blows all of them away. Now admittedly, digital synths have more flexibility for the price. But what is there, compared feature per feature (i.e. digital saw wave versus Moog saw wave, etc.) is far better than any digital synth ever built. Period. End of story.

lol

Post by lol » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:13 pm

Yupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.......

Finally my bro got it.I can't wait one more week.

Thanks guys for your worlds............................

lol

Post by lol » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:39 am

I have another 5 days till my LP arrives from New York.

Guys it will ship with the US specs for power supply and the US cable.
I leave in Greece.I will need a power transformer to use my LP or I just need another cabble?

robles

Post by robles » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:04 am

You should shoot off an e-mail to Moog tech support. I don't think you'll need a new power transformer, but it's definitely best to get the answer from the people who built it and know how it needs to be set up in other countries.

ludo

Post by ludo » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:03 am

lol wrote:I leave in Greece.I will need a power transformer to use my LP or I just need another cabble?
I think Greece is the same voltage as France, 220 Volts, 50 Hz. So it is ok. The power supply accepts any power voltage from 100V to 240V. You just have to change the cord for a european IEC, largely available for desktop computer.

lol

Post by lol » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:12 am

Hello guys...

Yes ludo france and greece have the same voltage.Thanks for the info.