Will you buy a FreqBox?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!

Will you buy the new FreqBox?

Yes
61%
No
7%
Wait to try one, or reviews.
32%

Total votes: 44

analoghaze

Will you buy a FreqBox?

Post by analoghaze » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:12 pm

Do you plan on purchasing?
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

eric coleridge

Post by eric coleridge » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 pm

Yes, I want one already. I always wait for things to sell second hand-- but in this case, if I have the money, I will buy immediately.

matt the fiddler

Post by matt the fiddler » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:00 pm

I can already do a fair amount of what it can do on my modular... with hard sync and my ele guitar and all. I wait till i try one to hear the tone and it's subtleties , and see what is up... I like it :) I just have a long list of toys i want
Electronic Violinist here

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:47 pm

Hmmm, I just bought an MS-20...

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:58 pm

one for sure, i might get two if i'm happy with it's congruity with the LP. A 3 osc LP / modular moogerfooger set-up will be really really fun..

moog needs to make a CP unit with an ADSR! i'd happily sell one of my cp-251's if they did to make room.
www.ctrlshft.com

chris allert

i've got three on preorder

Post by chris allert » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:40 am

i've preordered three of them. based on what i've seen, this looks like an incredibly useful module and is truly something new. true, i could probably coax my synthesizers.com system into doing something similar, but what i really appreciate about the moogerfoogers is having everything in such a small space prepatched in a useful and unusual way, but not prepatched in a way that restricts me. there is really nothing else in the synth world like the moogerfoogers, and each of them are a perfect balance of simplicity and flexibility. i wish they were all available in cp251-style enclosures, but that's my only complaint about them.

if the 107 is a preview of things to come, then i'd say bob moog's spirit is still very much alive at moog music. the 107 along with the 101, 102, 103, and a few 251s makes a very powerful and complete modular system in very little space. plug a theremin into the 107 input and a few expression pedals in to the other inputs and who knows what might happen.

CTRLSHFT

Re: i've got three on preorder

Post by CTRLSHFT » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:53 am

chris allert wrote:i've preordered three of them. based on what i've seen, this looks like an incredibly useful module and is truly something new. true, i could probably coax my synthesizers.com system into doing something similar, but what i really appreciate about the moogerfoogers is having everything in such a small space prepatched in a useful and unusual way, but not prepatched in a way that restricts me. there is really nothing else in the synth world like the moogerfoogers, and each of them are a perfect balance of simplicity and flexibility. i wish they were all available in cp251-style enclosures, but that's my only complaint about them.

if the 107 is a preview of things to come, then i'd say bob moog's spirit is still very much alive at moog music. the 107 along with the 101, 102, 103, and a few 251s makes a very powerful and complete modular system in very little space. plug a theremin into the 107 input and a few expression pedals in to the other inputs and who knows what might happen.
amen on the cp-style enclosures. i realize it would probably be a huge pain for moog to re-make everything into cp-style enclosures, but considering they already have great support for them, and many people who are more synth-oriented can probably agree the rack space/inputs on the top scenario is a bit frustrating, this would be an AWESOME way to maybe get more people interested in picking more 'foogers up.

i'd trade-up for all of em if they did this. might be a little late in the game, but if they started gradually, it wouldn't be impossible. financially feasible/desirable? i'm not totally sure.

maybe i'll make some mock ups. that'd be fun. :)
www.ctrlshft.com

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:14 am

I played it at NAMM and I really want one!
http://www.myspace.com/sirdsssound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Scott_Stone

the_bot

Post by the_bot » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:39 am

I'm champing at the bit for one. They're what made me register at this forum.

peter ripa

Post by peter ripa » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:01 am

what chris allert and ctrlshift said
www.peterripa.com
http://www.peterripa.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=musik

JSRockit

Post by JSRockit » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:21 pm

I have one on order... very excited for it to ship...

ELECTROCHASM

Post by ELECTROCHASM » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:40 pm

I want ,Iwant,I WANT! :twisted:

redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:31 pm

I have one on pre-order...I think it's gonna be great with the resto f the moogerfoogers and it'll give me a true modualr synth at my toes!!! Can't wait for nova musik to ship mine out to me!!!

eric coleridge

Post by eric coleridge » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:25 am

Before I bought my first MF (first the RM, then the LPF, then the Phaser), I held out for a long time because I didn't like the idea of a $300 studio sound processor in a guitar pedal stomp-box.

But what I found after owning them is that they're actually alot easier, more convenient, and versatile to use than a rack enclosure would be. In fact, I now hate rack equipment... they're unneccesarily large, heavy, and cumbersome... and inconvenient to patch with jacks in back-- especially when racked.

Im also putting together a modular synth, but it won't replace the quick, versatile, and portable functionality of the MFs.

True, a CP-251 style box would be better (or even just chop off the empty stomp switch portion)... but this is probably their marketing slant-- guitar pedals. Not much market for synth modules...

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:15 pm

eric coleridge wrote: True, a CP-251 style box would be better (or even just chop off the empty stomp switch portion)... but this is probably their marketing slant-- guitar pedals. Not much market for synth modules...
But just for the heck of it anyway, http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4184 ;)
www.ctrlshft.com