little tool: 2-Voyager-edit

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
till

little tool: 2-Voyager-edit

Post by till » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:53 am

Hello Voyager users,

I just did a little mac and win tool to make sure a .syx single sound dump file will not
overwrite existing patches. I loads those files and check them. If they are going to the panel
sound buffer, it tells so. If not, it changes the sysex code to make it sned to the panel buffer.
You then just have to store and rename (if needed) the changed file.

This is freeware deliver as is it.

Mac OS X version id here:
http://iNet-CAD.de/voyager/2-Voyager-editX_Mac.zip (944 kB)

Win version here:
http://iNet-CAD.de/voyager/2-Voyager-edit_Win.zip (692 kB)
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:35 pm

Excellent! Thanks, Till!

- G

RL

Post by RL » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi Till,
nice tool - not bad!
Have fun and a Happy New Year!
Rudi

Sneaker

Post by Sneaker » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:33 pm

I bought the editor software from Moog to manage my files, do you know if I will run into this issue with the editor software?

till

Post by till » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:26 pm

On the Moog Voyager software by SoundTower, you can choose where a file goes. But it has to imported into this software first. But does this software import sysex files like the ones you find at MoogSpace or elsewhere ?
I don't think so.

So you might accidentally overwrite a patch by loading a file which is not saved as Panel Dump.

Only files dumped from the Voyager as Panel Dump or files changed to to Panel Dumps do not overwrite your patches. And my little software does this and only this: ensure it won't overwrite your patches.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Sneaker

Post by Sneaker » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:33 pm

till wrote:On the Moog Voyager software by SoundTower, you can choose where a file goes. But it has to imported into this software first. But does this software import sysex files like the ones you find at MoogSpace or elsewhere ?
I don't think so.

So you might accidentally overwrite a patch by loading a file which is not saved as Panel Dump.

Only files dumped from the Voyager as Panel Dump or files changed to to Panel Dumps do not overwrite your patches. And my little software does this and only this: ensure it won't overwrite your patches.

Thank you, I will download a copy and check it out once my new soundcard arrives.
It's addicting...

ukm

Post by ukm » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:09 pm

Many thanks.

ukm