please help - mic stand attachment needed!!!

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
armin

please help - mic stand attachment needed!!!

Post by armin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:32 am

Hi, not sure if the theremins always come with this, but i've lost the silver screw that comes in the mic stand base on the bottom of the theremin, the screw that makes it fit onto ordinary mic stands. does anyone know where i can get one of these? this is very urgent, all help is greatly appreciated!!!!

shadowing

Post by shadowing » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:46 pm

ARMIN

I think I've found what you need. Of course, the problem with that piece is that YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT IN ORDER TO FIND ONE. I've been searching for years to be able to attach one to my PAIA Theremax! FINALLY -- I think this is it...

If I'm correctly understanding what you need, this looks exactly like the phalange/fitting on the BOTTOM of a standard Etherwave. their description addresses another use, but take a look.

http://www.podcastingnews.com/items/On- ... UPTMO2.htm

It's described as follows:

OnStage TMO2 Threaded Table Mount
Do you mic your amp? Buy this handy, all-metal accessory, and a gooseneck, too. Mount it on your amp, and get that extra mic stand out of your way forever! 5/8 in. flange with base holes on 1-1/4 in. mounting centers.

Manufacturer: On-Stage
List Price: $8.00
Online Price: $4.95

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

-Kip

armin

Post by armin » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:27 am

cheers!!! tracked one down from moog and all is well...nice one

The_Use_Music

Re: please help - mic stand attachment needed!!!

Post by The_Use_Music » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:47 am

The one on my etherwave (which I think is from the 1990s... I bought it used from the late Richard Lainhart..) is precisely this one--an Atlas AD11BE 5/8-Inch 27 Thread Surface Mount Female Microphone Flange, and its etched into the metal when you take it off the etherwave, you can see it. You can buy a few different places. Moog is cheapest, but if you're on prime you can get it fast in a jam.