Does anyone, who owns the Voyager, hate it?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
bunnyman

Post by bunnyman » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:08 pm

RE: the 2 photos on MatrixSynth's site. Doesn't it seem odd that the stand-alone studio pic and the "trade show" pic both have the exact same fixed filter settings? I don't know if the whole series is photoshopped, or if someone made a very cheesy mock-up, and the internet tubes did the rest...

-andrew bunny

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:35 pm

This sounds like a nail in the coffin to me:
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2006/08 ... -1000.html

The Unknown

Post by The Unknown » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:58 pm

And to me, but I bet POLYMOOG won't think so! :wink:
It is better to be loved or hated than to be regarded with indifference.
I might look a fool, I might act the fool, but take me for a fool and I'll make a fool of you.
If the past is ill, make the future better.

P0LYM00G

Post by P0LYM00G » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:02 pm

Uhg! The "stand-alone" "studio pic", assuming you're talking about the whiteface, is a booth picture. This must be what was meant since the only controls whose settings can be determined is the fixed filter bank. See the same table and background as in the booth picture. This is what I mean about making up fake nonsense. Somebody took a picture of the booth with the people there, then moved in close to the synth, propped the panel up, then took another picture of it. Why must people keep fabricating stuff.

There are no reflections of the bubble rap or anything else on the glass counter. There is internal lighting. I'm looking at my bedroom windows now and NO reflections, even of my blinds which are right there. Again, we've determined the synth is clearly a real physical thing, even if it's a fake mockup, and yet again, people keep slipping back into the same nonsense. It's also a black panel, not blue. There are some colored lights which seems to explain the green shine, the pink light in the background, and the purple-ish graphics on part of it.

And there is nothing wrong with the lighting on the guy in the booth. Looks just fine.

However, after just taking an initial glance at the link provided, I admit it doesn't look good for the SMS2000. Odd though that there actually does seem to be a guy named Kirikax when somebody here said that was a fake name. Maybe Kirikax is a fake guy and he is misleading people. I'll go back and read it in detail. But I'm still wondering what all this means. Thanks.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:56 pm

Masamichi Kirikae. Kirikax is his nickname.

The Unknown

Post by The Unknown » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:04 pm

What did I say about good ol' POLYMOOG? :wink:
I might look a fool, I might act the fool, but take me for a fool and I'll make a fool of you.

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:26 pm

Apparently synth hoaxes have been staged before.
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2005/08/bahn-sage.html

Some people have too much time on their hands.

The Unknown

Post by The Unknown » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:25 am

Yes, I saw this, and furthermore, there is even a picture of somebody playing the keyboard (Mr Kirikax?) with one hand, while adjusting one of the panel controls with the other. Now, this must be a composite image, but it looks real. That being the case, it just goes to prove that these images of the SMS2000 could still be renderings, of a truly mind-blowing standard.

You can view the image I mention above, here:

http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2006/03 ... -back.html

P0LYM00G

Post by P0LYM00G » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:27 pm

What did you say about me? Well actually if you read to the bottom of my post you'd see that after seeing the Kirikax Speaks link, that I'd probably have to admit it's a hoax. But I believe the synth is a physical mockup rather than a rendering, and continued to point out the false comments people were making about that aspect.

The Sage was done by some guy named Elhardt. It says that in the Matrixsynth blog. Also, that was pretty well known around the net, and even showed up in Keyboard magazine. If you haven't heard of it, you're not getting around to many other synth forums. In fact, it looks like you're not even reading the ones about the SMS 2000. It appears that Kirikax is not the hoaxer, but probably the Elhardt guy or somebody else. Kirikax is the real developer of the Seekers vocoder and potential SMS 1000 synth. Unless Kirikax is playing dumb and the SMS 2000 is his, in which case it probably isn't a hoax but a prototype.

The Unknown

Post by The Unknown » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:56 pm

You really do want this thing to be real, don't you? As I have said before, I'd like it to be, but there is too much evidence to the contrary, and it keeps on coming. As for my comments about Mr Kirikax, don't take them seriously - it's just my mischievious sense of humour, nothing more. It is an interesting name, though!

JSRockit

Post by JSRockit » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:34 am

Ok, back to the topic at hand. I finally ordered my Voyager. I got this one:

http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?ty ... yword=1930

Got $400 knocked off the price they list there... should be fun.

The Unknown

Post by The Unknown » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:28 pm

Ha! Ha! Well done, mate. All the best with the Solar - looks really cool! :)

drxcm

Post by drxcm » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:34 pm

Good choice! Did you go for the CV-251/VX-351 also?

The Unknown

Post by The Unknown » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:38 pm

I'd love to see this machine in a rose wood cabinet. I think that would be stunning!

JSRockit

Post by JSRockit » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:38 pm

drxcm wrote:Good choice! Did you go for the CV-251/VX-351 also?

Thanks for the image...it's the best one I've seen yet of it. I just bought the synth...but in the future I may go for those.