Moog 55 Patch Diagrams?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
system55

Moog 55 Patch Diagrams?

Post by system55 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:54 pm

Hi, I just came across a System55 a couple of days ago and am having some difficulty getting a basic audio patch completed using the strange S-trig cables, etc. Could someone walk me through how to do a basic patch that incorporates the OSC, VCA, EG, and filter? Sounds dumb, yes. Sorry. I can trigger the 960 seq and route the signal out of the OSC directly to the mixer section and I can hear it, but any other way I attempt to patch it, I can't get any results.

Also, is there a website that has some basic Moog Modular diagrams that I could refer to so I can get the hang of it? :?

THM

Post by THM » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:48 am

Can't help you out, but jeez' - a MOOG Modular System 55... :shock:

My wet dream... congratz & have fun !!
http://www.myspace.com/thmsynthfreak

THM

Post by THM » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:51 am

btw: (forgive me my indiscretion) - where did you find it & how much did you appr. pay for it ?
http://www.myspace.com/thmsynthfreak

ELPNeil

MOOG MODULAR 55 PATCH DIAGRAM

Post by ELPNeil » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:49 pm

Hi there
I owned an extended 55, five years ago and wished now I had kept it.
I had added modules and extra cabinets and in the end it was nearly the same size as Keith Emerson's.
To start of route outputs from wave forms outs from two oscillators into fourway mixers at bottom row of cabinet.Take a lead from mixer output to VCA in and from VCA out to 904 filter in and from filter out to an external amp.
Take a lead from Envelope gen out to filter control jacks (lower centre of module)Take a sinch connector from lower cabinet male output prongs and push into female sinch connector at base of Envelope gen.
Take a jack lead from lower cabinet next to where you have taken controlled output voltages sinch lead and plug from there up to one of the three lower jack sockets at bottom of VCA module.
With the lower console blue/red switches up you should get the keyboard now controlling the VCA and oscillators and by varying the attack/decay & release knobs should vary the filter sweep.
From then on you can explore by adding more oscillators etc.
Hope this helps but if you can get your hands on a Moog modular handbook it takes you through plugging up various modules.

dzy88p

Post by dzy88p » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:56 am

There is one Moog Modular Owner's Manual right now on ebay: Item# 3712022595.

Or you can get the mmv manual from Arturia, which may help.

FreqOut

Post by FreqOut » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:55 pm

I would point you to this web page:
http://arts.ucsc.edu/ems/music/equipmen ... /Moog.html
It's not specifically about the System 55, but it might help!

system55

Post by system55 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:31 am

THM wrote:btw: (forgive me my indiscretion) - where did you find it & how much did you appr. pay for it ?
hey no problem. my dad actually heard about it from one of his clients in south carolina. i got it for $3k.

system55

Re: MOOG MODULAR 55 PATCH DIAGRAM

Post by system55 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:32 am

ELPNeil wrote:Hi there
I owned an extended 55, five years ago and wished now I had kept it.
I had added modules and extra cabinets and in the end it was nearly the same size as Keith Emerson's.
To start of route outputs from wave forms outs from two oscillators into fourway mixers at bottom row of cabinet.Take a lead from mixer output to VCA in and from VCA out to 904 filter in and from filter out to an external amp.
Take a lead from Envelope gen out to filter control jacks (lower centre of module)Take a sinch connector from lower cabinet male output prongs and push into female sinch connector at base of Envelope gen.
Take a jack lead from lower cabinet next to where you have taken controlled output voltages sinch lead and plug from there up to one of the three lower jack sockets at bottom of VCA module.
With the lower console blue/red switches up you should get the keyboard now controlling the VCA and oscillators and by varying the attack/decay & release knobs should vary the filter sweep.
From then on you can explore by adding more oscillators etc.
Hope this helps but if you can get your hands on a Moog modular handbook it takes you through plugging up various modules.

thanks! i appreciate it. i have been gone for the last few days, but now i'm home and will try this out.

system55

Post by system55 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:34 am

FreqOut wrote:I would point you to this web page:
http://arts.ucsc.edu/ems/music/equipmen ... /Moog.html
It's not specifically about the System 55, but it might help!
thanks! i appreciate it. it should help out a lot, actually.

baward

Post by baward » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:23 am

dzy88p wrote:There is one Moog Modular Owner's Manual right now on ebay: Item# 3712022595.
Yes, but its a flipping *copy* - not the original. A bit like offering a photo of the Mona Lisa, instead of the real thing in my view.

There are too many copy manuals masquerading as the genuine article on Ebay and its ilk.

Ben

jrlaudio

Moog 55 For $3000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jrlaudio » Sun May 16, 2004 4:59 am

Are you kidding me? You only paid 3k for a 55? I've paid that much for a single module?

Whoever sold that to you should be slapped up the side of their head for giving away about $15,000 or more! I know of two model 12's for sale (not auction) right now going for twice that price and more.

Geez ... I want this idiots number to see if he'll sell his house to me for ten grand!

John