moog opus 3 key problem

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
MC

Post by MC » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:36 am

Huh - never checked that memberlist before. Some months ago someone pointed out that Boeing 737-400 had surpassed my post count, I assumed he was still in the lead. I had no idea before or after that I had the top spot. That tells you how much of a post count whore I am :lol:

minime123

Post by minime123 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:58 am

hi oysterrock.
im not playing the fool.
i didnt join this forum solely to advertise, or to get into any fights - i did plan on participating where i could be helpful.
i realize this is a company forum but didnt realize my FS post was inappropriate for the reasons i already mentioned - i thought ive seen similar here and didnt see any warnings not to post about vintage imoog items (and similar) for sale. theres plenty of vintage gear discussion here that has nothing to do with moogs new product sales so i thought readers here would be interested.
i already apologized for it and it wont happen again, so this is a dead subject.
as for ebay, ive been very disappointed in how they do business, particularly in their lack of policiing to make it a safe and honest place, and as a result, ive taken a long break from ebay auctions and prefer to sell directly. ill be back on ebay soon, but i dont feel they deserve the commission for higher priced items the way theyve been doing things so ill probably be unloading a lot of less interesting stuff there.
mini
VINTAGE SYNTH DEALER who's never stepped foot in the state of Michigan.

minime123

Post by minime123 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:01 pm

Huh - never checked that memberlist before. Some months ago someone pointed out that Boeing 737-400 had surpassed my post count, I assumed he was still in the lead. I had no idea before or after that I had the top spot. That tells you how much of a post count whore I am
so i guess i was right! though, in your defense, you were probably just so busy posting that you didnt have the time to be a post count whore. ;)

museslave

Post by museslave » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:31 pm

OysterRock wrote:I know you can see the difference between an active forum member selling their moogerfooger and a dealer posting a huge list of synths he has for sale. You really can't see the difference in that? Come on, quit playing the fool.
I'm not sure whom this is directed at, but it, based upon my post previous to it, seems like it might be directed at me.
I'd like to be clear that I can plainly see the difference between a forum member selling stuff and a dealer coming here specifically to sell stuff.
The intent of my previous post was to delineate between those two situations, although I could see how it was not specific enough.
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

minime123

Post by minime123 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:49 pm

museslave,
it seems like it was directed at me - dont worry about it.
mini

OysterRock

Post by OysterRock » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:47 pm

museslave wrote: I'm not sure whom this is directed at, but it, based upon my post previous to it, seems like it might be directed at me.
No, it was not directed at you museslave. We're buddies, right? :wink:

museslave

Post by museslave » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:15 am

OysterRock wrote:No, it was not directed at you museslave. We're buddies, right? :wink:
Okay, cool. : ) I just didn't want to be misconstrued!
www.youtube.com/user/automaticgainsay
www.myspace.com/automaticgainsay2
www.myspace.com/godfreyscordialmusic

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:39 am

Now you know why I don't come here so often.... ;-)

Fwiw, I don't believe Minime to be a spammer.
He does offer advice and much of it is decent.
If he says he has something for sale, I'm not at all offended.
Making a self-employed living can be difficult.

However, while I don't believe he's a spammer, I also don't consider him a "restorer" of synths. To me, *that* is offensive.
But that's me and it's reasonable to consider that what I do for a living can create such an opinion. Few people spend 60 or 70 hrs restoring a polymoog.

The only reason I bring it up is that a sale is a sale, but restoration is a widely used term with little definition. If I say that I restored a synth and a dealer says the same thing, I'll offer that my efforts are likely far beyond what that dealer can achieve. But the public may not understand the difference.
With that said, I take it somewhat as a slam because it equates any "restoration" with any other one.

So no slam to Minime personally, but this does illustrate that to one person spam can be one thing and to another, something else. Same for restoration.
It matters who your audience is.

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:12 am

How many threads on here are going to disintegrate into some sort of character assasination, usually involving minime? To say this one's drifted off topic is an understatement.

I have no idea who minime is, who he's pretending not to be or who the hell he wants to be, but in a few months time, if I need to look through previous threads on here for advice and guidance, I don't really want to be faced with all this shite.

minime123

Post by minime123 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:20 am

yes, levels of restoration work vary. we dont pretend to do the same 60-70 hour restorations kevin lightner may perform for popstars with bottomless wallets. :) anyone who wants that level of restoration should contact kevin and expect to pay a lot for it.
I_G, youre right. you may want to contact [email protected] and ask him to remove the irrelevant portions of this topic. personal attacks obviously dont belong here.
mini

minime123

Post by minime123 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:33 am

oh, fwiw, the few things weve sold that have been called "restored" usually have been disassembled, thoroughly cleaned inside and out, recalibrated, capacitors replaced, faders disassembled, cleaned, relubed, key contacts cleaned and adjusted. keys removed and cleaned, bushings replaced with new ones, key action adjusted and necessary repairs performed, etc. we dont like refinishing wood because were not set up for that at the moment and some customers want things as original as possible. we do not install blue lights, though we could do a lot of really "interesting" stuff if we had the time and allowance. :)
mini

MC

Post by MC » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:46 am

minime123 wrote:
I_G, youre right. you may want to contact [email protected] and ask him to remove the irrelevant portions of this topic. personal attacks obviously dont belong here.
mini
I get criticism now and then and I don't ask for it to be removed. Steve has more important things to worry about, like getting new products to market, getting ready for NAMM, and removing "you can be an actor" spam posts.

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:15 pm

I've really had enough now. Will you two sort your playground tiff out somewhere else? I really don't give a sh!t (and the probability is not many other people do) and it's got nothing to do with this thread about Opus keys.

MC: If there's a problem with minime, fair enough, but take it up with the mods, post a seperate thread or go round and see him face to face, just don't trash one thread after another with all this irrelevant dross.

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:49 pm

yes, levels of restoration work vary. we dont pretend to do the same 60-70 hour restorations kevin lightner may perform for popstars with bottomless wallets. Smile anyone who wants that level of restoration should contact kevin and expect to pay a lot for it.

I can't find anything in this post that's accurate.