Voyager aftertouch fix

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
earsmack

Post by earsmack » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:00 am

nicholas d. kent wrote:But it would make more sense, less risky and save money just to send my original LHC to the factory and have them upgrade the board on it and return it.
To be honest...the price of shipping will kill you and make the field upgrade very close in price to shipping it in and getting it done there. It's very easy to install...2 screws and three sets of wires to plug in. Not to mention you have a backup - you don't have to send your old LHC back to Moog - you keep it. So, should your cat ever pee on your LHC - you have a spare.

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:08 pm

Well, I opted for shipping it back, the price of shipping is not much different vs the savings of the factory upgrade, and while it's there it will get the filter glide mod and a recalibration. Moog really needs to have service centers in Europe for our friends across the pond- do they?

latigid on

Post by latigid on » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:28 pm

Marzzz wrote:Moog really needs to have service centers in Europe for our friends across the pond- do they?
And down under as well!

Please?

yowzer

Silicone?

Post by yowzer » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:05 pm

Hi,

I haven't installed the fix yet because of the instructed use of silicone, which is impossible to find (electronics grade, allegedly made by GE) Is this absolutley necessary? Am I crazy for continuing to ask around for this mythical product?

MC

Re: Silicone?

Post by MC » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:25 pm

yowzer wrote:Hi,

I haven't installed the fix yet because of the instructed use of silicone, which is impossible to find (electronics grade, allegedly made by GE) Is this absolutley necessary? Am I crazy for continuing to ask around for this mythical product?
Go to an auto parts store and ask for RTV sealant - same product.

It's a good idea to use it as it prevents the connectors from coming loose when the Voyager is subjected to bumps and grinds when carting it around.

peter ripa

Post by peter ripa » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:48 pm

i just had the "facotyr" upgrade done here in sweden
Marzzz wrote:Well, I opted for shipping it back, the price of shipping is not much different vs the savings of the factory upgrade, and while it's there it will get the filter glide mod and a recalibration. Moog really needs to have service centers in Europe for our friends across the pond- do they?
www.peterripa.com
http://www.peterripa.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=musik

CZ Rider

Post by CZ Rider » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:51 am

Just recieved my upgrade field kit. Could not read
the file on the CD. Some kind of DOC file I can not
open in win98? So I just droped in the new assembly.
Seems to work great.
Anything important I missed in the file?
Terry

nicholas d. kent

Re: Silicone?

Post by nicholas d. kent » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:31 am

yowzer wrote:Hi,

Is that so?

Doesn't sound all that simple then.

And buying the whole premium blue wheel sub-assembly all over again really is kind of wasteful.

ARP

Post by ARP » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:12 pm

Just got my upgraded voyager back from moog..It was a bit of a wait but worth it, Thanks Amos!
"Although they heard the music..they didn't understand the tune"

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:21 pm

ARP wrote:Just got my upgraded voyager back from moog..It was a bit of a wait but worth it!
How long did it take? Mine just got there.....

monads

Post by monads » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:47 pm

Marzzz wrote:How long did it take? Mine just got there.....
well mines been there for over 3 weeks now. I understand they're busy, so I'm hoping Amos and team can take care of me and have some good news shortly for me.

ARP

Post by ARP » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:46 am

Mine took about 5 weeks for the aftertouch,ver3.x hardware upgrade and the filter/glide mod.
"Although they heard the music..they didn't understand the tune"

monads

Post by monads » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:27 am

ARP wrote:Mine took about 5 weeks for the aftertouch,ver3.x hardware upgrade and the filter/glide mod.
Well, looks like mine will probably take just as long then because the same upgrades are being done :wink: I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.