Moog Source Service manual and promo on ebay

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
industrial_gypsy

Moog Source Service manual and promo on ebay

Post by industrial_gypsy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:00 pm

I don't really like promoting anything I'm flogging on ebay, but in this case I'm hoping you won't mind too much? I've dug these up in one of my drawers. If there is anyone interested, I'm guessing they'll frequent this forum.

(Personally I think this forum should have a 'Sales and Wants' section anyway?)

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Moog-Source-Origi ... dZViewItem

Please don't get too upset with this shameless promotion :oops:

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:02 pm

so the prototype had black instead of blue around the wheels and display

wonder why they changed it, looks cool
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

writeroxie

Post by writeroxie » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:53 am

was it black? i think that's just a poor scan/photo. the blue rules.

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:06 am

its definately black round the wheels and display on the promo pics. ive seen that pic up close before. also theres a black circle round the tuning control on the back.

will have been cheaper to manufacture all in blue rather than blue and black on the one panel me thinks......

anyone know who designed the source, or if there are any pics inside the source anywhere?
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

industrial_gypsy

Post by industrial_gypsy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:59 pm

I've had a closer look at the promo. The two panels with the mod wheels and the incremental control are definately black (when you upload photos using ebay's system the quality seems to disintegrate). Also the inc. control knob looks like a standard mini-moog type know ie black with a silver cap (when did the big free wheeling monster knob appear? oo-er!)

The promo also has the words 'Preliminary Specification February 1981' on the bottom, does that mean it's even rarer and hugely valuable? :)